• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Barrow - Discussion

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
We looked good at Bolton (and Cambridge) because they pushed players forward which gave us space to break into, particularly Key. Barrow won’t do that. They’ll sit deep and we’ll need to find a different way to create chances.
They're safe, aren"t they? Why would they sit back!

Jam Doughnut

3 teams to catch but got a feeling forest green will bottle it away to oldham , so if we can just beat barrow....................

Banksy

3 teams to catch but got a feeling forest green will bottle it away to oldham , so if we can just beat barrow....................
I don’t know , we can only do our stuff and hope , but Oldham have been a bit hit and miss in recent weeks. Shouldn’t build up our hopes too much I guess.Bonus is if we do dip out we can get going earlier on the retained list etc and ground improvements.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can the thread title be changed to ecfc v Barrow discussion thread?

Otherwise that tw@t who came on here last time they beat us will be back giving it large.

IndoMike

I don’t know , we can only do our stuff and hope , but Oldham have been a bit hit and miss in recent weeks. Shouldn’t build up our hopes too much I guess.Bonus is if we do dip out we can get going earlier on the retained list etc and ground improvements.
I have a theory that players want to go out with a bang so that they can enjoy their summer holidays in Dawlish Warren more, so I think a free-spirited Oldham will beat a shaking at the knees Forest Green 2-1

This was a "Wishful Thinking" Production

IndoMike

Can the thread title be changed to ecfc v Barrow discussion thread?

Otherwise that tw@t who came on here last time they beat us will be back giving it large.
You mean the tw@t who spat his dummy out just cos I referred to Barrow as being at the end of the universe? 🙄

malcolms

The problem is easily defined. It depends what game Barrow want to play as we are spectacularly unsuccessful at adapting our game to a team that wants to fllood midfield, mess us about, slow things down and generally make things difficult. It may be that Barrow will be 'on the beach' but I'm not sure they can play any other way. To be a side that challenges, we have to find solutions to the way that other teams play rather than hope they open up and give us space. There must be an email circulating on how to play and frustrate ECFC..Cambridge and Bolton chose not to read that and played 'our game' which gave us the opportunity to dominate. They key is what game Barrow choose to bring.

Squeezebox

You mean the tw@t who spat his dummy out just cos I referred to Barrow as being at the end of the universe? 🙄
Somebody did once put a sign up saying "Twinned with Mordor"!!

Red Monster

The problem is easily defined. It depends what game Barrow want to play as we are spectacularly unsuccessful at adapting our game to a team that wants to fllood midfield, mess us about, slow things down and generally make things difficult. It may be that Barrow will be 'on the beach' but I'm not sure they can play any other way. To be a side that challenges, we have to find solutions to the way that other teams play rather than hope they open up and give us space. There must be an email circulating on how to play and frustrate ECFC..Cambridge and Bolton chose not to read that and played 'our game' which gave us the opportunity to dominate. They key is what game Barrow choose to bring.
I’m not sure two teams who are in the top three in league playing
at home would change there way of playing because they
think they will get beaten by us if they don’t.

malcolms

I’m not sure two teams who are in the top three in league playing
at home would change there way of playing because they
think they will get beaten by us if they don’t.
They didn't and got beaten..that's the point.