• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women Development Squad 2021/22 Season

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two goals from that girl 'arris again didn't hide a, quite frankly, abysmal performance in a 4-2 defeat at Budleigh. It was girls versus women and City played like frightened girls wincing at most every bit of physicality that came their way. The only person who stood up to be counted on that score was Katie Grigg. You could tell that she was one of only two City players to have played boys football growing up. And growing up is what the rest of the City squad have to do and learn to deal with the physicality and size that teams like Budleigh come with and they have to deal with it to earn the right to play. They weren't all that good and if City had played to their ability the could and should have won. I imagine looking at who Budleigh won their other three games against, I would imagine they've won them the same way.

grecIAN Harris

A chance for The Development Side to bounce back from last week's poor showing at home against The Uni.

Grecian 1901

They bounced back!!!
From twitter
“To round off the weekend, the team had a BIG victory this afternoon against Exeter University

Chloe Harris, Lilly Burton (5) and Ebony Salomone all with hat tricks.

Emily Saunders, Lucy Gregory, Tash Harvey and Lauren Bullock also amongst the goals”

grecIAN Harris

They bounced back!!!
From twitter
“To round off the weekend, the team had a BIG victory this afternoon against Exeter University

Chloe Harris, Lilly Burton (5) and Ebony Salomone all with hat tricks.

Emily Saunders, Lucy Gregory, Tash Harvey and Lauren Bullock also amongst the goals”
It was one of those games where the opposition were so poor it was hard to maintain a decent level. City were 6-1 up at half time having only really played for the middle 20 minutes of the half. In the second half they started to knock the ball around and play more like they should and rattled home another ninewhilst missing another eight decent chances. At the end of the day you can only beat what is in front of you and, I think, that is the Uni's second heaviest defeat of the season. Westexe put fifteen past them without reply to make The Uui's goal difference -53 after seven games.

AndyB

grecIAN Harris

Well it's a nice sunny autumn afternoon at The Tarka Tennis Centre to be watching a game of football for anyone who is local. As there is no first team game you might have thought Abbie and/or Aaron might be up to watch but I'm not going to hold my breath.....

grecIAN Harris

Finally pressure has told and City go one up through Esme.

grecIAN Harris

2-0 City, Katie Grigg straight from a corner.

grecIAN Harris

3-0, that girl 'arris again.

grecIAN Harris

4-0 City, one of the younger girl Elise scoring.