• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Portsmouth Matchday Thread (Friday 29th December)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was shocked at how poor Pompey was , i genuinely thought they would zing it around and open us up at will…..

That said if 1 of those two headers that went wide in the first 10-15 mins had found the target it probably would have been very different game or story.

I think they underestimated City and played in 2nd gear at times.
Maybe we just bored them to death.

Djg123

Did we create one clear cut chance all game? So much focus on signing a striker but how’s that going to solve the problem when we create absolutely nothing for whatever striker we have on the pitch?

iscalad

not convinced by that , they played in 2nd gear first half thinking they could stroll past us before being a bit better 2nd half…

they was poor , we worked hard. that sums it up for me.
They were "poor" because we worked hard.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
After the dross I've watched in recent months I'm not too unhappy with last night's game and our draw away at Stevenage. But we still have an away Cambridge result within us. It's that extra bit of quality we need in the last third. Hopefully that will be sorted in the next few days.

Good to know that Demi Mitchell was up and about and at the game last night.

gui

each to there own harris lad.

for me i was just a bit bored watching it.

i don’t question it’s a positive result against a team at the top of the league - it was a free hit on that basis and it’s a bonus point.

but i wasn’t entertained personally.

£50 night out for me and my lad in between xmas & new year when it’s an expensive time of year - did i feel i got value for money? no….i didn’t….

but like i said that doesn’t mean i don’t think it’s a good result because i do.

I just find it hard watching a team who have a kid up top working really hard in fairness (Sonny Cox) with little to no support at times….playing it up to him with nobody within 20-30 yards of him sometimes….nah that’s not for me.
I got great value for money .
We played like lions against the league leaders and got a point.
It was a fierce battle and we got a great result .
What more do you want man ?

malcolms

I'm sure that most people are aware of the stats, but we are the lowest scorers in the entire country (top five divisions) We have scored 14 league goals all year and only 4 since the beginning of October..However optimistic you may be, this suggests the addition of a couple of strikers may not solve the problem, unless they come with a gilt edged warranty...

Antony Moxey

Did we create one clear cut chance all game? So much focus on signing a striker but how’s that going to solve the problem when we create absolutely nothing for whatever striker we have?
A decent striker will create their own chances. Plus a decent striker will show anticipation and be in the right spot at the right time. If there’s no-one in the box what’s the point in playing a killer ball that the likes of Nombe and Stockley thrive on? A decent striker will make fellow attackers create chances.

Antony Moxey

I got great value for money .
We played like lions against the league leaders and got a point.
It was a fierce battle and we got a great result .
What more do you want man ?
Pretty obvious seeing as he mentioned it: entertainment.

Albumen

Did we create one clear cut chance all game? So much focus on signing a striker but how’s that going to solve the problem when we create absolutely nothing for whatever striker we have on the pitch?
Yep. We created a few chances. A few more attacking options will make the world of difference.

gui

All these bookings Caldwell and Perkins pick up are getting on my tits. Every game now.
That shows passion man .
Nothing wrong with that .
GC was a great leader last night and was rallying his troops the whole game .
UTC .