• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Bristol Rovers Match Day Thread

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does Edwards have the defensive ability to play as wing-back? Personally I thought that was one of the best games I've seen Caprice have but that was helped by the fact that Rovers put very little pressure on him defensively and he could spend most of the game in the opposition half.
You would have thought Matt wouldnt have recruited him if he doesnt believe he can play there unless he sees him as one to come off the bench when defences are tiring?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You would have thought Matt wouldnt have recruited him if he doesnt believe he can play there unless he sees him as one to come off the bench when defences are tiring?
Maybe he is planning to change the formation at some point.

CraigECFC

Our attacking options are looking very impressive now. Brown has been the biggest surprise for me, wasn't expecting too much from him at the start of the season but he's been out most consistent player. Going to be hard to take him out the squad. Will be interesting to see what Matt does with Nombe back now, thought Amond was superb today. Adding Edwards also gives us something a bit different up there and a left midfielder if we decide to change formation which I like.
Like I've said previously we are a CM & a LB away from a solid play off side at least. Kite was magic today but Nigel's injury problems means we need cover and maybe someone a bit more creative.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me it shouldn't be either or, it should be both. I think Nombe would benefit hugely from having the wilyness of Amond up front beside of him and Amond's wilyness and workrate will not be wasted by having Nombe up front beside of him as neither Brown or Jay are close enough to Amond to pick up on the mess and aggrovation that Amond is causing.. Then it's a case of who to play in behind, Jay or Brown. Both stated their case well today, Jay with his goals and Brown with his assists.
I haven't read the thread fully since half time and don't know if he's got a mention but, for all our attacking play (especially the first half obviously), Alex Hartridge was MoM for me today. He didn't put a foot wrong all day and got about his business with the minimum of fuss.
On today's performance Amond, Brown and Jay all deserve to be in the team so now he's recovered from Covid it's up to Nombe to up his game and show why he should be in the side.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our attacking options are looking very impressive now. Brown has been the biggest surprise for me, wasn't expecting too much from him at the start of the season but he's been out most consistent player. Going to be hard to take him out the squad. Will be interesting to see what Matt does with Nombe back now, thought Amond was superb today. Adding Edwards also gives us something a bit different up there and a left midfielder if we decide to change formation which I like.
Like I've said previously we are a CM & a LB away from a solid play off side at least. Kite was magic today but Nigel's injury problems means we need cover and maybe someone a bit more creative.
And yet only a few hours ago we were all wondering where the next goal was coming from. We were definitely much improved but I'm not sure the likes of McArdle and Page will be as generous next week as the Rovers defence were in the first half today.

ECFC89

Come on Memphis and ExmouthMart, let’s have your reaction.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on Memphis and ExmouthMart, let’s have your reaction.
"Seventy six minutes since our last goal.
Just not acceptable
Taylor out...and Tisdale back in*

*Although, after today, some Gasheads might be thinking the same as far as the latter is concerned.

dontpassback

I think Armand will be an excellent addition,experience and know how,he will set up a lot of chances for us

CraigECFC

And yet only a few hours ago we were all wondering where the next goal was coming from. We were definitely much improved but I'm not sure the likes of McArdle and Page will be as generous next week as the Rovers defence were in the first half today.
Don't think we will have to worry about Page, he was off injured after 11 minutes today...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't think we will have to worry about Page, he was off injured after 11 minutes today...
Ah, I missed that. Maybe Matt Taylor did know what he was doing when he didn't go all out to try and keep Page.