• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barnsley Official Matchday Thread - Tuesday 28 March 2023

JayPob94

I've liked GC ever since he's come in. You can really see what he's trying to do with us by trying to turn us into a team who are comfortable in possession, something I don't think we ever were under MT.

I think we are a few signings away from being a really really really good team.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've now scored 56 goals, which is the 7th highest in the division.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've liked GC ever since he's come in. You can really see what he's trying to do with us by trying to turn us into a team who are comfortable in possession, something I don't think we ever were under MT.

I think we are a few signings away from being a really really really good team.
A few signings away if we retained all of the current squad in the summer, which we won't unfortunately.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
We did the double over Barnsley. Excellent stuff.
I had a pint of Yellowhammer, in your honour.🍺

JayPob94

A few signings away if we retained all of the current squad in the summer, which we won't unfortunately.
Agree with you and also share the concern.

Will the club play hard ball and support Caldwell? A part of me thinks they will. But growing up as a city fan, we know nothing else but selling our best players... And I have no problem with that as its our main revenue stream, but Id like to think there's enough cash in the bank to give it a proper crack for a season or two at this level.

Cowshed Grecian

It’s not inconceivable that both Key and Collins both stay is it?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Team effort that one. Worked their socks off, put on a new pair and worked them off as well.
Thought we were a tad lucky to go in at half time evens, but we bossed the second half very well.
3 great goals from us. Their goal...well..personally thought Jamal should have been more commanding. He seemed to come for it , then hesitate.
Still great result if not good for my blood pressure.

Melvis

City are now the type of team that a year ago we would be gutted that we got in an FA cup draw. Solid League One.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Team effort that one. Worked their socks off, put on a new pair and worked them off as well.
Thought we were a tad lucky to go in at half time evens, but we bossed the second half very well.
3 great goals from us. Their goal...well..personally thought Jamal should have been more commanding. He seemed to come for it , then hesitate.
Still great result if not good for my blood pressure.
Got some spare Ramipril going cheap - DM me.

cambmike

Always like it when we have won at least as many matches as we have lost