• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barnsley Official Matchday Thread - Tuesday 28 March 2023

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
A real battling team performance. Lots of scraps in our box but always someone on the cover to get a block in.

To go with the hard work of Collins, Kite and McDonald you need a bit of quality to win you the game and that came from Stanno who was unplayable all night. Brilliant skill and finish for the goal and his close control and ability to pick a pass at the end of it for the 2nd was pure class.

Pen to wrap things up nicely and another great game of football for the paying public.

Blackman should've done better for the equaliser but who cares.

Nice to find a ref who adds on a reasonable amount of stoppage time but never happens when we're chasing the game.

iscalad

Got some spare Ramipril going cheap - DM me.
I take enough pills as it is, but thanks for your kind offer.🫠

Grecian2K

It's so great that fans turning up at the Park in such numbers are being rewarded like this. What a season.
Indeed. 6k+ home fans turning out on a Tuesday night for a relatively "meaningless" end of season game is surely unprecedented in recent years?
"Project 6000" done and dusted in our first season back in L1. The bean counters on the board must be overwhelmed! Just, please, ensure some of this windfall is released into GC's playing budget.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I take enough pills as it is, but thanks for your kind offer.
See you at the BP clinic soon !
UTC

Cowshed Grecian

I’m going to say it, I’m slightly gutted we are not up in the play off spots…I fancy us as the moment.
Looking Solid…Mitchell, Aimson and McDonald are great acquisitions.

crocks

City can't finish bottom....just saying 😎

tom_ecfc

Mitchell, Aimson and McDonald are great acquisitions.
I’m really looking forward to the summer and more new players. The first time I’ve felt like this ever!

larrywilkie

A real battling team performance. Lots of scraps in our box but always someone on the cover to get a block in.

To go with the hard work of Collins, Kite and McDonald you need a bit of quality to win you the game and that came from Stanno who was unplayable all night. Brilliant skill and finish for the goal and his close control and ability to pick a pass at the end of it for the 2nd was pure class.

Pen to wrap things up nicely and another great game of football for the paying public.

Blackman should've done better for the equaliser but who cares.

Nice to find a ref who adds on a reasonable amount of stoppage time but never happens when we're chasing the game.
Harsh on Blackman I think with the amount of players in front of him in the box.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed. 6k+ home fans turning out on a Tuesday night for a relatively "meaningless" end of season game is surely unprecedented in recent years?
"Project 6000" done and dusted in our first season back in L1. The bean counters on the board must be overwhelmed! Just, please, ensure some of this windfall is released into GC's playing budget.
I hope that the £s result in keeping the 1st team academy players & Blackman as they will provide the spine for next season.
UTC

manc grecian

Harsh on Blackman I think with the amount of players in front of him in the box.
Nope, he came, stopped, hesitated by which point their player nipped in. Decent ball into the box but he's the one facing the play sonde had to come and get it.