• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barnsley Official Matchday Thread - Tuesday 28 March 2023

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We did the double over Barnsley. Excellent stuff.

Bridgy 81

What a win and what a team.
Well done to everyone involved.
Barnsley’s 12 match unbeaten run snuffed out. They must be sick of us this season.
We’ve taken them for 6 points and even managed to get then down for another match that never was.
Four home wins for us on the bounce as well.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ok, let's not get ahead of ourselves though. Quality L1 teams do not get dicked by Cheltenham. Twice.
I guess Sheffield Wednesday must be a pitiful excuse of a L1 team after losing to a team at the bottom of the league who hadn't won in 16 matches!!! Strange comment in the extreme

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seriously impressed by our work rate and stamina tonight.

GC has really got the players putting a shift in for him.

robchave

That was a really good win. Barnsley are obviously an excellent team; their passing accuracy was brilliant. However, our play out of possession was first rate and I can't really remember any clear cut chances that they created. We went more direct than recently and that little bit of class, mainly from Stansfield, was the difference.
Great night!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's so great that fans turning up at the Park in such numbers are being rewarded like this. What a season.

Bridgy 81

Ok, let's not get ahead of ourselves though. Quality L1 teams do not get dicked by Cheltenham. Twice.
That sounds very much like a glass half empty comment to me.
We’ve taken 6 points off Barnsley this season and they seem to me to be a quality League One team.
Go on, try to admit we’re doing well. You may even enjoy it.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
The first 'dicking' was under Taylor, so has no bearing on Max's assessment of our evolution under GC. And the second 'dicking' wasn't a dicking.

Quality league one side may be a bit generous just now though, I'd go with 'effective league one side'.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
None of the other top 6 will fancy playing City. Stanno, I mean, just how good was he tonight?
Hope Stanno's injury not too bad as we need him fit to bring LoanGyle down - he is the key with JB missing.
UTC

Bat Fastard

It's so great that fans turning up at the Park in such numbers are being rewarded like this. What a season.
agreed, i think this is is the most memorable city season i can remember, for good and bad reasons!