• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Accrington match day thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just watched it again, yes the accy bloke was fast but jmt's first 3 or 4 paces are backwards, if he had been running forwards like the other lad I'm not convinced he wouldn't have got a tackle in. Anyway, it's happened now.

Benguin

Good advert for lower league football yesterday.
Lots of work and endeavour coupled with some level of skill.

I took someone who very rarely goes and they will definitely be back.

Got to also give a special mention to those on the bank who kept the atmosphere going throughout.
Much better than playing in a library!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Enjoyed the game - both teams given the pitch passed the ball well

To be fair we robbed them a little - 2nd half they pretty much dominated the game but City stuck at it - Was impressed with Stockley first half he was outstanding a real threat and great to see somebody able to compete with centre half's and beat them in the air

Shame Wheeler wasn't introduced but that's either a save his injury or he's in talks with somebody else - time will tell

Left back is still an issue - regardless of it being McCallister or Woodman neither IMO are good enough

Also JMT looked to be struggling the way he limped off I wonder if it was his metatarsal again

Antony Moxey

Looked like a knee to me Creds. I wonder if he might have hyper extended it the way he landed and went straight down.

Agree with you on both Stockley and the left back situation, we could do with both being settled quickly. Accy looked decent so it was a great result especially considering who we DIDN'T have on the pitch.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
On the first goal I think the forward was in full flight. Troy was beaten to the flick in the air and JMT was caught facing the ball and therefore struggled to turn and chase from a standing start. Anyone around who was in the wts? Tom's goal looked potentially offside but just could have been a well timed run, did he look level when ball was played.

Agree that Davies did OK with his chance as the pass was slightly behind him, and we deserve credit for our winner as we won the header and got enough strikes in to force the pressure. Looked like Ribeiro hit it into the ground or slightly mis hit it which allowed it to pass between the keeper and defenders. We certainly got away with the one that hit the inside of the post.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Can't remember what Tisdale said but think it was muscle related and that they would assess it Monday.

CREDYGRECIAN

How long has Andre the giant played in goal for Accy - he was massive - I'm not sure who was more agile either him or Grecian the lion at HT

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Was our tannoy even worse than 'effing useless yesterday ? Never heard who scored our winner or the how much time was being added. That said, I did not see the board go up at the end either; nor did my neighbours.

CREDYGRECIAN

No I noticed that - I wondered how much injury time and kept glancing over but didn't notice

The Tannoy needs to be ripped down and thrown away it's useless

Alistair20000

How long has Andre the giant played in goal for Accy - he was massive - I'm not sure who was more agile either him or Grecian the lion at HT
Went to them in July 2015.

I thought his kicking was dire some of the time and his distribution out a bit risky.