• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Accrington match day thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah give me Olejnik over that gangly munster in the Accy goal anytime, his kicking was atrocious and he really should have got something to that shot, but was Tom really onside???

Stockley was very unlucky not to score with his effort from the corner before Ribs tucked it away.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
a run of five wins would cement our place in the play offs. (clap)

Still dreaming of a play off final v Snot!
You ARE dreaming mate, that would be SEVEN wins on the bounce! We'd have to change our name to Bayern Exeter!

STURTZ

Could happen!

Incidentally City have gone 1:0 down in our last eight league fixtures, sort it out slowstartisdale!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny how 3 points makes everything so much rosier, no matter how lucky we were to get them!

5 points from the playoffs, a run of three wins would put us in touch I reckon, a run of five wins would cement our place in the play offs. Might be just me but I think we to do it (Waits for some killjoy to came on drivelling on about games in hand, goal difference, Morrison and stuff. Forget that bollox, we can do it!(clap)

Still dreaming of a play off final v Snot!
It's not being killjoy, it's about being realistic and plotting a course of how to get there.

Personally I'd look at the target for the end of the season not a run of 5 games, which could easily be followed by a similar barren run. Our rivals are not going to sit there and play out draws so we can go scooting past them.

I reckon 72 points would put us in with a good shout of the playoffs and 74 pretty much nail it on (it would have taken 70/72/72 over the last three seasons), but I do think it's a tough call, nearly two points a game over 19 games. We'd have to win (say) most of our 9 remaining home fixtures (20+ points) and get 15+ points from 10 away ones. Doable, but I suspect only if Noble gets and stays fit.

ZAPHOD:
Huh. That’s incredible.

TRILLIAN:
No, just very, very improbable.

So one step at a time. Win at Hartlepool, beat Oxford at home, then move on to the next challenge.

Colesman Ballz

I gather that Stanley's impressive right winger has signed a pre-contract agreement with Rangers.

Avening Posse

I gather that Stanley's impressive right winger has signed a pre-contract agreement with Rangers.
I'm hearing that their quality shoestring outfit is being decimated Colesman, great for us but I have to say I have a soft spot for this lot, no money, tiny gates, but very decent team, very friendly fans and one of the best pubs outside the ground in the country :)