• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Tranmere Rovers Official Matchday Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Post 126 for example. Not hard to find.
OK, we’re never gonna agree on this then, we have different levels of sensitivity.

COYR.

Memphis09

The thing with Amond was bizarre. He spent a good time warming up and was stripped and ready to come on. We had corner after corner yet Taylor just stood and watched and kept Amond waiting for a good five minutes before bringing him on. I genuinely cannot understand the thinking - if indeed there was any - of not bringing on a striker, when you’ve ensured he is ready to come on, when we’re on the attack.

What did he think he was gaining by waiting to bring him on? Taylor’s substitutions and team selections, as Egg mentioned earlier, are increasingly becoming Tisdale-esque. I mean, what’s wrong with attacking from the off and making the opposition adapt to us rather than this seemingly constant wear them down then strike when they’re tired at the end.

Perhaps he needs to start looking at what’s happening on the pitch for answers rather than up his own ******** - it’s been a while now since a home match has been both entertaining and effective.
I think his team selections have been poor recently all this rubbish about players being tired travelling etc it’s not like they are driving to away games
The pitch is good they are professional meant to be fit players
Daniels full back no thanks
Key is no right back
Taylor should be playing cm
Brown should not be target man
Is this his fourth season are we starting to hear the same old excuses
The crowd are up but for how long
After the next four games we could be mid table
Just pick the best players for there best positions and get on with it

Memphis09

To me it's disappointing to see people turning on the manager.
Don’t think we turning on the manager just getting fed up to hear the same excuses for the fourth season in row

Memphis09

That's exeweb. One moment you are God's gift, the next you are useless. Usually its those who declare their allegiance and total support who are the first to become doubters and often they'll say they've always had their doubts! Oh, add to those the ones who always think they can do a better job. The exeweb rollercoaster goes on.
I think you must admit his team selections have been a bit odd lately
Daniels playing
Key right back
Taylor a centre midfielder playing on the wing
Brown target man
No I don’t think I could do a better job but I could pick a better team

dontpassback

Don’t think we turning on the manager just getting fed up to hear the same excuses for the fourth season in row
I would concur with the above post,as fans I think we are pretty lenient and recognise that we will never have the money to splash out on top players,I think a lot of the criticism comes from frustration built up over the last 3 or 4 seasons

Memphis09

I would concur with the above post,as fans I think we are pretty lenient and recognise that we will never have the money to splash out on top players,I think a lot of the criticism comes from frustration built up over the last 3 or 4 seasons
Agree we have let chances to get promoted through our hands
Let’s hope adding another forward in January a weeks break before Port Vale we can bounce back
I do really want us to go up this season we would have some fantastic games to look forward to if we did

rooecfc

I think you must admit his team selections have been a bit odd lately
Daniels playing
Key right back
Taylor a centre midfielder playing on the wing
Brown target man
No I don’t think I could do a better job but I could pick a better team
Key right back… where he has been excellent for us for about a season and a half now…

grecIAN Harris

Key right back… where he has been excellent for us for about a season and a half now…
No he hasn't. Last season he was playing really well at wing back as part of a back five. When he has had his decent spells this season it's been from wing back as part of a back five (and he has been nowhere as consistent as last season or as some on here will have you believe) but every time he has played at right back as part of a back four he has looked unsure defensively and limited as an attacking force.

Rosencrantz

No he hasn't. Last season he was playing really well at wing back as part of a back five. When he has had his decent spells this season it's been from wing back as part of a back five (and he has been nowhere as consistent as last season or as some on here will have you believe) but every time he has played at right back as part of a back four he has looked unsure defensively and limited as an attacking force.
We played the majority of last season with a back four in a 4-2-3-1 with a back three as a late season variant and Key played well in both positions. In fact the only position Key didn't work well in was when he was sometimes paired with Caprice down the right hand side playing right wing. Randall, MJ and Williams mostly played behind Bowman with Willmott coming in for Randall when he got injured. It is only this season where we have started predominantly with a back three.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't able to go on Saturday but was there on Tuesday and by all accounts it was relatively similar.

All sides in this division will have a slump this season - it's unfortunate ours is coming against all of our rivals I'll admit.

As long as we stay in touch of the pack in January I can't see why when we hopefully have some key players back we can't go on another long run of games without defeat and get right back up there again. We aren't suddenly a bad side.