• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
THEY ARE A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM

You're all nutters
Yes they deserved to win and are clearly a decent side. But even Taylor was completely dissatisfied with the performance.

Pobbop

Perhaps,(and I know it's controversial) Sheffield Wednesday are a better team than us...
And perhaps like the manager we are right to be frustrated by a poor performance, FFS no-one is saying Matt out, change the system, get rid of the yoof set-up we're just ****** off at one game that could have led us to glory, which football is all about.

Will be fully supporting us next match and hoping we'll climb the table.

Grecian Max

Yes they deserved to win and are clearly a decent side. But even Taylor was completely dissatisfied with the performance.
It's funny, it's almost as if me and MT are saying the same thing "We played well in patches but got beat 2-0."

"Saying we started well is irrelevant as we went 1-0 down and we got beaten 2-0 again in a game we’ve been on top of for the majority of it. Lewis Ward has barely had a save to make and we’ve not troubled their keeper enough."

At no point have I said we played really well...

Alistair20000

As regards Ryan Bowman, I thought he did a fair bit of hard work today. The subs were worse. For that miss, maybe he should have done better but he was a bit ahead of the ball when it reached him making it hard to get power into the shot and to direct it. Not the miss of the century by a long chalk and we are talking about League 2 strikers.

Grecian Max

And perhaps like the manager we are right to be frustrated by a poor performance, FFS no-one is saying Matt out, change the system, get rid of the yoof set-up we're just ****** off at one game that could have led us to glory, which football is all about.

Frustrating, yes. Season defining, I doubt it.

"and am worrying our season is fizzling out"

After a cup game against Sheffield Wednesday. Drama.

Grecian Max

As regards Ryan Bowman, I thought he did a fair bit of hard work today. The subs were worse. For that miss, maybe he should have done better but he was a bit ahead of the ball when it reached him making it hard to get power into the shot and to direct it. Not the miss of the century by a long chalk and we are talking about League 2 strikers.
He needs competition, I agree with MT he wasn't trying hard enough today which is unusual for him.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watching the game I thought Bowman started well however he was clearly getting p1$$ed off with the service he was being given, his body language was poor at times, perhaps that annoyed Taylor. Just a guess based on what I saw.

JCWhoosh

Perhaps,(and I know it's controversial) Sheffield Wednesday are a better team than us...
Not controversial at all. They had a decent team that knew how to win. It is people like Shaw that stood out to me and that is the style of defender we should be going for. He didn't give Bowman much all game and was fit enough to carry it 80 yards to set up the winner. Young and hungry. There must be players / teams in higher squads that now look at City and think that we will develop the players so hope that MT can explore a decent couple of signings that we are needing. No more 1/2 crocked, coming back from injury 'experienced' players please! It has been proven that the youth is the future.

IBA

I didn't know body language, was such an important part of assessing how a player performed?

geoffwp

While I'm hoping there will be no next match for some time. Why on earth pro football is continuing while the nhs crumbles under the strain of this massive increase in infection I cannot imagine. Totally fkuc.ing nuts.