• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
If it was that easy Bowman would already have 30 goals this season, he's missed far easier chances.

The chance today was nowhere near as easy as you guys make out.
Agree. I'm often critical of Bowman but it wasn't easy, not that he made a great job of it.

Pobbop

While I'm hoping there will be no next match for some time. Why on earth pro football is continuing while the nhs crumbles under the strain of this massive increase in infection I cannot imagine. Totally fkuc.ing nuts.
As a key worker myself I see no spreading from football, and see no reason why it should be shut down, as it gives a welcome relief in harrowing times.

Mind you I wasn't relieved today, but ho-hum.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, I see Bristol City are doing their bit.
That’ll be because of the large car park and accessibility of the ground from the centre but also off the motorway. SJP isn’t suitable.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
If it was that easy Bowman would already have 30 goals this season, he's missed far easier chances.

I think that from his comments MT might disagree with you on that.....then again we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster

Oh yeah 12 yards out with only the keeper to beat.

CWH-NYC_

Only just listened to MT, not a happy bunny at all, think we can expect a bit of a shake up all round in the next couple of weeks.

i8cornwall

Not to bothered about today, as with all cup competitions there nice to play the big boys but that’s about it, take the lose on the chin and move on.

Only thing I will say as having a foot in both camps so to speak if we play like we did in the second half on Tuesday we will be in trouble against Bolton but imagine Matt Taylor’s words will prove the rocket the team needs to kick on.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh yeah 12 yards out with only the keeper to beat.
12 yards ???

Pobbop

Josh Key coming back will hopefully be a catalyst, he is great for us attacking and defensive, not a coincidence our form has dipped since he's been out, our best player IMHO.