• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Amazing that your lack of knowledge matches your arrogance.
Stop crying that you can't debate properly

Grecian Max

Think you mean 4th round
What I meant was getting to Round 3 which we have done 9 times in 40 years, the point being that relatively that's a decent cup run for City

EDIT: just noticed the typo, yes i meant R4

Grecian Max

And yes, I've been to Goodison, OT etc etc

grecIAN Harris

I meant we didn't get any further than the third round

...you forgot Everton and also 4 others.
I just thought I'd give you a gentle nudge to start with. I'll add Naarwich and Villa (twice I think or am I mixing that up with the League Cup) to your list.

Grecian Max

Where were you when we played Villa and Watford. Oh.... and United and Liverpool.:unsure:
Just for you Ian, third round cup fever :whistle:

Attachments

Oldsmobile-88

I just thought I'd give you a gentle nudge to start with. I'll add Naarwich and Villa (twice I think or am I mixing that up with the League Cup) to your list.
Norwich 1990(replay) Villa 1994..A couple of Villa games in the League Cup 1977 & 1985.

Grecian Max

I did wonder if the stat included the 81 cup run or whether it was after it

Pobbop

Norwich 1990(replay) Villa 1994..A couple of Villa games in the League Cup 1977 & 1985.
Two Everton Matches weren't there, remember the duel goalkeeper match then being gutted by the extra time winner.

For the other one remember daddrunkenly standing in the living room as we listened to it on the radio telling us he'd be buying tickets for us all to go to the replay, before Gary Stevens scored in the latter stages.

Last edited:

suffolklad

I refer you to what I originally said:

"We haven't played in 2 weeks and I thought it showed, looked rusty. Some nice transitions and we seemed more of a unit than Wednesday but they had superior quality in front of goal."

All I was saying there was mitigating reasons behind not being at our best. Like 13 days of no football. This is against the backdrop of people saying our season is "fizzling out" after today.
There are no mitigating circumstances, These are "professional" footballers, turn up and give your best and work for it. If you don't and they didn't today expect to be slated

Oldsmobile-88

Two Everton Mtches weren't there, remember the duel goalkeeper match then being gutted by the extra time winner.
The 1986 game at Goodison was also a late winner for the home team,a decent performance against the reigning League Champions.
I had forgotten the 1999 game went to ET.