• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think he chose Bowman in particular because he has a good relationship with him. I think he avoided criticising other players. Team selection on Tuesday will tell us what he really thinks about players. My guess is Sparkes and Bowman, two players he singled out, will start.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think he chose Bowman in particular because he has a good relationship with him. I think he avoided criticising other players. Team selection on Tuesday will tell us what he really thinks about players. My guess is Sparkes and Bowman, two players he singled out, will start.
Page had a pretty good 45 minutes yesterday so may stay in.

malcolms

Assume from that it wouldn't be a problem for you if the players criticised the manager publicly ? After all, a rookie manager who hasn't won anything YET could also be considered 'nothing special'. Only the self-proclaimed 'special one' criticises a player publicly, the overwhelming majority of managers don't, as you well know, and for very good reason.
Sorry, but the manager has to be honest, otherwise we end up with "not me Guv" style of the previous manager who would talk in riddles just to divert attention from a shoddy performance...In my opinion, Matt is doing a good job, but having identified a problem he has to do something about it..He knows the weaknesses and has alluded to them a number of times before, however, they still keep happening...For this he has to take responsibility

elginCity

Sorry, but the manager has to be honest...
Bill Shankly was an honest manager, as is Matt Taylor.

IndoMike

I've noticed from Matt's interviews - and I've seen most of them- when the interviewer praises an individual player Matt is quick to change the topic. He isn't one for giving a lot of credit to an individual.A lot of managers prefer to focus on the team effort rather than big up an individual. Therefore it seems only fair and consistent that if a player has a mare he shouldn't criticise the individual in public. A right good dressing down in the changing room and a few flying cups is preferable.

suffolklad

Just scanned Suffolklad's previous posts, they are dominated by him backing / praising Paul Tisdale.

Funny old world.
That's probably because he was the best manager we have ever had. That is until he lost his way. Didn't realise you were such a supporter of my posts to go back that far.

RED STRIPES PLEASE

I think everyone is just overly disappointed because of the hype ,i.e city scoring lots of goals this year , the young players performing so well , shefffield wed. will field very weakened team , best chance for ages to progress in cup etc etc , truth is just one game that didn't go to expectations , been very entertaining season , good football lots of goals ,I for one just hope the entertainment continues with promotion just a bonus ,

Grecian Max

RE: MT openly criticising - they're grown men who get paid very well to do a pretty nice job. Fair play to him.

Grecian Max

That's probably because he was the best manager we have ever had. That is until he lost his way. Didn't realise you were such a supporter of my posts to go back that far.
Takes 10 seconds to find overly pro-Tisdale posts on your profile

IndoMike

RE: MT openly criticising - they're grown men who get paid very well to do a pretty nice job. Fair play to him.
IMO general criticism is fair, but singling out players In public is unnecessary