• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup 3rd round proper matchday thread

DawlishBouy

Further to above.Sometimes too you have to accept that the academy player you have selected and nurtured for a certain position just won’t be up to it , Seymour is a case in point.What’s wrong then with investing a little money into a young prospect from say non league , not only would they enhance our team for a while but we can maybe sell them on for a profit later.
If Ben Seymour had started his career at Dorchester [where his goals saved them from relegation] and not at City, you just described him as the kind of player we should sign.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cary on accepting poor performances and always expect to end up in the national league. Its not that we lost its how we lost, Poor decisions, lack of effort, The old motto of if you carry on doing the same thing expect the same outcome. There was and is an unwillingness to change a system that clearly wasn't working. ie take off Bowman put on Seymore and still lump balls up, what's the point?????
In the past you literally defended everything about the club, when someone made a realistic comment that you deemed negative you regularly had a hissy fit, why the sudden change ?? New year, new man ???

We put in an average performance against a team two leagues above us, we should have lost 1 - 0 but conceded late on, hardly the end of the world is it.

Matt Taylor has never been near the relegation zone, literally the entire time he has managed us we have been in the top 3 or the play offs.

You used to defend the previous manager when we were churning out dire performances very regularly.

Get a grip of yourself.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cary on accepting poor performances and always expect to end up in the national league. Its not that we lost its how we lost, Poor decisions, lack of effort, The old motto of if you carry on doing the same thing expect the same outcome. There was and is an unwillingness to change a system that clearly wasn't working. ie take off Bowman put on Seymore and still lump balls up, what's the point?????
Drama queen much? I don’t see anywhere Max saying he’s accepting poor performances or that he expects us to end up in the national league either. You’re one of those who if someone says they’d like a bacon sandwich your response would be to suggest they wanted to murder all vegans.

I agree with you about some of the decision making but that’s about it, I didn‘t see any of what else you’ve suggested yesterday.

Red Bill

Also surprised.

Whilst admiring of the manager's honesty - IMO what's said in the dressing room should stay in the dressing room, he shouldn't publicly criticise players individually, only as a collective, the team.
Don't agree with this, I think MT is a breath of fresh air in this respect. Bowman for example was getting a lot of stick earlier in the season, but MT stuck with him and after his hatricks came out and said he was right to stick by him, his comments about him yesterday were for me an honest acknowledgement of why. If he gives his all as usual he'll play but if he stops doing that he won't. A sentiment I doubt many of us on here would disagree with.
These are young men playing at the bottom level of league football but drawing salaries most fans could only dream of, we have the right to expect them to give everything every week. . F they don't then I don't see any problem with the manager calling them out. As people footballers are nothing special, and should be as open to criticism as anyone else. It certainly a refreshing change from 12 years of a manager talking about a different game to the one i've seen!

Grecian Max

I don't accept poor performances? Been regularly called negative on here, with my criticism of some of our players and tactics. Now I'm apparently a happy clapper. Weirdos. All I'm saying was yesterday didn't look like a complete disaster to me, I don't get why people are losing their minds over it.

Grecian Max

Via WhatsApp. That okay with you?!
Remote contact in 2020, it cannot be possible

Reactions: Egg

Grecian Max

In the past you literally defended everything about the club, when someone made a realistic comment that you deemed negative you regularly had a hissy fit, why the sudden change ?? New year, new man ???
Oooh is this another PT lover... I lose track. Makes sense now.

EDIT: had a look

"I've now arrived at the conclusion that the number of people on Exeweb including moderators are so anti Tisdale that EXEWEB itself has become anti City. I therefore suggest that Exeweb is shutdown for the benefit of Exeter City Football Club."

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Most Saturday's at 5.45
The football fan feels dead or alive.

If by then it's honours even
Not too bad, just keep believing.

If final score is we've scored more.
We love this club from every pore.

But I confess if we scored less *
Then sack them all - the club's a mess.

* And if you say it should be 'fewer'
Put away that grammar skewer

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone fancy popping up some footage of the Bowman chance ?? A lot of people seemed to see it differently to me.

Some are saying it was 12 yards out, some saying it was a sitter, some saying the keeper was massively out of position with a big area of the goal empty.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
"I've now arrived at the conclusion that the number of people on Exeweb including moderators are so anti Tisdale that EXEWEB itself has become anti City. I therefore suggest that Exeweb is shutdown for the benefit of Exeter City Football Club."

:ROFLMAO:
Do you have a link to this ?? I could do with a laugh.