• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Oldham Athletic Pre game chit chat thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
After our impressive mid-week victories, it's back to the mundane EFL with Oldham being the visitors on Saturday to SJP. Last season we witnessed our biggest win of the season 5-1 with goals from five different players (including Bowman) what we would give for that result this week on the old ifollow.

Injuries seem to be starting to mount up for us as not only are our goalies out but according to KMT Josh Key and Tom Parkes are unlikely to feature after last weekend and neither is Ben Seymour after limping off on Tuesday joining Nigel Atangana and Lewis Page in the injury room

Starting line up defence would seem to almost pick itself although after Tuesday I would be tempted to play Hartridge as left sided centre back alongside McArdle, but here goes:

Iceman
Caprice McArdle Sweeney Sparkes
Williams Collins Taylor Randell
MJ Bowman

Subs
Lee Hartridge Dean Kite Law Ajose Fisher Cox Wilson

Five subs can be used this Saturday although KMT is not an advocate of it so may be interesting to see, particularly as you can only stop play three times to make the substitutions.

I predict 3-1 to the Exeter move up to third goals from Bowman Randell and Ajose

1467 on the ifollow

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
After our impressive mid-week victories, it's back to the mundane EFL with Oldham being the visitors on Saturday to SJP. Last season we witnessed our biggest win of the season 5-1 with goals from five different players (including Bowman) what we would give for that result this week on the old ifollow.

Injuries seem to be starting to mount up for us as not only are our goalies out but according to KMT Josh Key and Tom Parkes are unlikely to feature after last weekend and neither is Ben Seymour after limping off on Tuesday joining Nigel Atangana and Lewis Page in the injury room

Starting line up defence would seem to almost pick itself although after Tuesday I would be tempted to play Hartridge as left sided centre back alongside McArdle, but here goes:

Iceman
Caprice McArdle Sweeney Sparkes
Williams Collins Taylor Randell
MJ Bowman

Subs
Lee Hartridge Dean Kite Law Ajose Fisher Cox Wilson

Five subs can be used this Saturday although KMT is not an advocate of it so may be interesting to see, particularly as you can only stop play three times to make the substitutions.

I predict 3-1 to the Exeter move up to third goals from Bowman Randell and Ajose

1467 on the ifollow
Five subs from seven I believe. The Championship are allowed five from nine.

Alistair20000

2-1 City win.

Red Devon

Tricky game against inconsistent but dangerous opposition...would be good to see Caprice and Williams up there games and challenging for the MoM award.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matty will be showing the first team the video of the kids' victory during the week and telling them "This is what could happen to you if you don't concede a dumb early goal. Watch and learn."

4-0 to the reborn Grecians. Bowman with all of them.

Ash

Matty will be showing the first team the video of the kids' victory during the week and telling them "This is what could happen to you if you don't concede a dumb early goal. Watch and learn."

4-0 to the reborn Grecians. Bowman with all of them.
Wow, I hope you're right! 4-0 isn't impossible, but Bowman getting all of them is as near as damn it!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
McCardle hasn't been super impressive so far and I'd really like to see one of our youngsters given a go in the centre of defence. However, I can also see why Matt Taylor prefers to go for experience at the moment, given the lack of experience elsewhere in the defence.

STURTZ

Hartridge is ready to take that left central defender spot and with Parkes out now is the time.

City to win 4:1

Grecianpasty

I'm hoping this will be the game to move us forward.

4-0 city mcardle with all 4 goals.

Corey

A very long injury list, but we have a deep squad and think we can deal with it comfortably. I predict a lineup of:

Iceman
Caprice Sweeney Hartridge Sparkes
Collins Taylor
Williams Jay Randall
Bowman

Bench:
Lee, McArdle, Dean, Kite, Law, Fisher, Ajose

Think we’ll see a 3-1 win, with goals from Jay twice and Taylor.