• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Oldham Athletic Pre game chit chat thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Starting line up defence would seem to almost pick itself although after Tuesday I would be tempted to play Hartridge as left sided centre back alongside McArdle, but here goes:

Iceman
Caprice McArdle Sweeney Sparkes
Williams Collins Taylor Randell
MJ Bowman

Subs
Lee Hartridge Dean Kite Law Ajose Fisher Cox Wilson
Gosh!. I had been thinking about this and independently came to exactly the same conclusion about the starting XI..

...and about the first seven subs (maximum we are allowed) as listed *assuming Fisher is fit*. If not (which I doubt) it will be an interesting call between Cox, Wilson and Iseguan for the last sub place. Really tough call.

andrew p long

Gosh!. I had been thinking about this and independently came to exactly the same conclusion about the starting XI..

...and about the first seven subs (maximum we are allowed) as listed *assuming Fisher is fit*. If not (which I doubt) it will be an interesting call between Cox, Wilson and Iseguan for the last sub place. Really tough call.
Will Dean now off on loan so must be a new youngster on the bench unless both Atangana and Fisher are fit enough to be subs..

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will Dean now off on loan so must be a new youngster on the bench unless both Atangana and Fisher are fit enough to be subs..
Atangana is pretty much there now so I expect he is Ready for the bench. I also expect Nelson Iseguan to come into the fold too.

STURTZ

Last time Oldham came down we won 5:1, last time Kewell came down {with Notts Co} he got beat 5:1, bit of a theme developing here....

fred binneys head

Last time Oldham came down we won 5:1, last time Kewell came down {with Notts Co} he got beat 5:1, bit of a theme developing here....
You’re absolutely right Sturtz.

2-2.

Andy Holloway

Wasn't he also sent off at SJP when manager of Crawley, or was that when he was at Notts Co? I seem to remember him tip toeing along the muddy edge of the pitch in front of the main grandstand, in fancy crocodile skin shoes and trying to 'out Tis, Tis' in the fashion stakes!

Avening Posse

Can’t watch this one. Here’s hoping I wake up in Oz to read about our continued unbeaten run and a fine win UTC