• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Newport County Match Day -Boxing Day Thread.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lets hope that Sparkes injury is not serious, considering Woodman is out

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Not the best of games I've witnessed their goalie attempting to keep the ball actually on the green stuff kept the BB amused and the lino this side not seeing the ball cross the line in the goalie's hands didn't help.
We knew they would be a physical side but some of their elbows and pulling not being dealt with properly were taking the pi$$, then it was the Great White land whale meant to be in control and could tell were weren't going get the advantage with anything.

Never mind Thanks for the 3 points Newport !

iscalad

Torture if you're not watching it..
Torture if you are.....

Rog H K

Crap ref and we knew it. Lino was crap too.
Williams scored in my honest opinion. Goal keeper was behind the line when he grabbed it in flight and the whole ball and player were in the net. 2 blocks of Doble stand celebrated as play went on. Not one argued the case that it didn't cross the line.
VAR would have given it!
3 points. Happy.

IndoMike

Torture if you are.....
Haha. I guess so

Blacky

Well ground out 3 points. Hopefully Sparkes injury isnt as bad as it first looked.

I thought Newport wanted to bully City but right through the spine of the team, they all fought for the team.

Well done City.

denzel

Crap ref and we knew it. Lino was crap too.
Williams scored in my honest opinion. Goal keeper was behind the line when he grabbed it in flight and the whole ball and player were in the net. 2 blocks of Doble stand celebrated as play went on. Not one argued the case that it didn't cross the line.
VAR would have given it!
3 points. Happy.
Nah, wasn't over the line.
We should have won that more comfortably but Newports sole strategy seemed to be to unsettle us, and to try to get Bowman to react. Labadie in particular was culpable.
Nigel was rightly the MoM, he sprayed it around superbly in midfield.
Strangely I think Law suffers because of this and doesnt look as confident, a few times he should have shot when through.
Never mind, three points and 43 points at halfway!

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
43 points at the half way point is superb.
Same again for the second half of the season and 86 would see us easily promoted.

GrecianExile

That was a good old fashioned game of football, two teams battling out on a ploughed field! Can’t say I would want to pay to watch Newport each week with how they play but I guess it will get results, though they are on a poor run of form.

Another clean sheet and a 1-0 win, Pete will be upset with those positives I guess he will find something to blame the goalie for though 🙄🤷🏼‍♂️

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nah, wasn't over the line.
We should have won that more comfortably but Newports sole strategy seemed to be to unsettle us, and to try to get Bowman to react. Labadie in particular was culpable.
Nigel was rightly the MoM, he sprayed it around superbly in midfield.
Strangely I think Law suffers because of this and doesnt look as confident, a few times he should have shot when through.
Never mind, three points and 43 points at halfway!
Actually think atangana is great for law. Frees him up a bit. Law is slightly off the last couple of games, but still great at this level. His games not so well suited to the sticky pitches... But it's fine margins... Twice he failed to put Martin through... If those two passes come off and Martin puts them away, he's had a great game.