• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Newport County Match Day -Boxing Day Thread.

CWH-NYC_

Starting this one under the influence but hoping for a solid 3 points.
My weather app predicting a wet but not drenching afternoon for you all.
UTC.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rainy day. Gloomy.
Hope City will lift those clouds and not fark up in front of a big crowd.
I gave up betting on City, but anyway I think
we'll win 2-0 with goals from Bowman and
Martin.
Solo la victoria nos interesa!
Happy hols y'all

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking forward to a stirring City win, to take us to the half way point of the season. So far so good ! UTC.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's hope the big Boxing Day crowd get plenty to cheer today to entice them all back more often, City have the knack of under performing in front of a bigger than usual gate. Expect a raucous Big Bank, well lubricated by the pre match beer fest, to roar the boys on.

Rog H K

Let's hope the big Boxing Day crowd get plenty to cheer today to entice them all back more often, City have the knack of under performing in front of a bigger than usual gate. Expect a raucous Big Bank, well lubricated by the pre match beer fest, to roar the boys on.
Hopefully that voodoo was put to bed vs the Argyle game. Both stands are well sold today. No idea how many Welsh men will be in St James Road, 600??? be good to see 5k scraping the 6k @SJP today or more!.I believe the 50/50 wasnt claimed apparently for Walsall game so could be the 2nd roll over of the season with £1k ish being given away.
COYR UTC 4-1 40/1 bring it on!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would love it if your bet came in today (y)(y)
UTC

CC

Weather awful at the moment up Exwick way. Forecast is for the wind to ease by early afternoon if not the rain, but can see this putting some people off turning up on the day. My first game of the season so apologies for cursing us for a big game.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Unable to attend. Hope it's a great game of football for those that can go, and of course a win for Exeter.

Jason's preview

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if Brett over indulged yesterday. Don't need him out of sorts with indigestion or a hangover.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The forecast on the beeb last night said showers and a light breeze this morning … after chasing my bin down the road while getting soaked its a bit more than a breeze out there , Hope it dries up a bit before KO , Newport are probably more use to heavy pitches than City but will go for a fierce fought 3-1
UTC.