• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Derby County matchday thread

Well-known Exeweb poster
pleased see the positive comments even though we lost to a better team overall
I thought ainson didn't look terrible ..exposed a little by niskas sloppy play.. saying that sweens put us on the front foot with a little more tempo.. put in a couple of **** poor X's but him and rankine looked a handful..given a little more time I got the feeling that that pairing would/could have delivered..

Bridgy 81

You're moaning at other supporters for saying 'meh' on a football forum now?

Wow.
I wasn’t aware that my opinion on another person’s post on our forum constitutes ‘moaning’.
Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rakine is literally a RWB by trade
Yep but still don't make him a good defender... With his pace he should have been all over their attack...

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love how nobody even bothers to take the bait any more.
What the f#ck has bait got to do with it? Sinisalo let in a schoolboy shot for the first and was poor off his line for the second, then there was all the errors he showed! He had a very poor game which we might have got something out. You dont agree?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nearly 70% of our losses come in games where we have over 50% possession. My concern is although it's our style of play, we are usually pretty easy to play against when we are in possession for the majority of the game. Out of the 11 wins we have 5 of those came in games where we had less than 50% of possession.
These stats are a bit misleading. If you're playing against an even opponent, you're likely to have more of the ball if you're a goal down than a goal up.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just home and already put this game to bed. No point ruminating over a bad performance when we have been on the back of a good run. Start again on Saturday we havent become a poor team based on tonight. Derby were how an away team on the top of their form will play they kicked our backside and we wont be playing them for a number of years I suspect. The first goal as we know shouldn't have happened but the second was the killer and how we are that open when that is exactly how Derby play on the quick transition was a wake up call. I actually thought Aimson was one of our better players and the extra minutes would have done him the world of good. Other than we didn't look any better with two strikers on the pitch than one there wasn't much else to say :unsure: Four more wins please asap and we can start to relax

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rakine is literally a RWB by trade
Don't agree. He's certainly not really capable of playing the defensive side of the role as things stand.

manc grecian

These stats are a bit misleading. If you're playing against an even opponent, you're likely to have more of the ball if you're a goal down than a goal up.
And we're usually a goal down

Mid Devon Grecian

Can we just appreciate how good that ball in the box from Cole was tonight? Absolute beauty (shame we didn’t get on the end of it)
Yes, absolute class as was the one against Posh last week for the second OG

iscalad

Didn't think we played too badly. Derby are a bit of a class act. Gifted them 2 goals with silly,avoidable, errors. We made a few good chances. We still seem to want to take an extra touch, extra pass when we should be having a shot at goal.