• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Derby County matchday thread

Fareham Grecian

Go on then, I’ll do it as I’m awake.

After the last two matches I have watched - Barnsley live and Peterborough on ifollow - I am hoping to complete a hat trick of wins.

Geddon GC and the bauys!

tom_ecfc

We’ve only ever beaten Derby once, in the FA Cup, in 1931! But GC loves to break records. Up the City 🔴⚪

Head to head record -

Red red

Thinking a draw. But Derby are a good side. Just hoping the boo boys aren’t given any pocket money to buy tickets for this one

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
We’ve only ever beaten Derby once, in the FA Cup, in 1931! But GC loves to break records. Up the City 🔴⚪

Head to head record -
9D43F861-AE94-44E4-8A28-88DF2B754890.jpeg
The middle green ticket is what remains some 94 years on of possibly the last remaining match ticket for the 1931 Derby FA Cup match - and no I wasn't in attendance :) I have also included match tickets for the history nerds out there of the Leicester 1937 game and the most famous of the lot Sunderland 6th round replay

tea stand

The 'Flower pot enclosure!' :)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
The 'Flower pot enclosure!' :)
Yes I wonder when it was renamed?

Fareham Grecian

This is probably a stupid question, but assuming that the ‘Flower pot enclosure’ became what we all knew as the Cowshed, what was it then officially called? Just Old Tiverton Rd?

tea stand

From the Grecian archive 'Opposite this was the ‘Flower-Pot Stand’, named for the geraniums that had been planted there, and this was where the more ardent and boisterous fans traditionally clustered', this was in 1910, I think the roof went on 1919 but obviously still called the Flower pot up until the 1930s at least

tea stand

This is probably a stupid question, but assuming that the ‘Flower pot enclosure’ became what we all knew as the Cowshed, what was it then officially called? Just Old Tiverton Rd?
[/QUOTE
the Old Tiverton rd was the big bank , well thats what it was called in the 1970s when i first started going

Fareham Grecian

I started going in the early 80s, and the Cowshed and Big Bank are all I’ve ever heard either referred to as. Grecian Archive sheds (sorry) no light - sure I can bank (sorry again) on someone knowing?

(And sorry for taking my own thread off topic 🤣)