• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Derby County matchday thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Barnsley, Wigan, Peterborough?

We'll probably lose when we should win and vice-versa. It's hardly mission impossible when so many teams are below City.
I'll buy the Exeweb beers Haka if we make it but if we don't you pay for GC's final taxi home !

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's the only player we have who can play right wing-back. Not got the best quality on the ball and he's a bit off his best at the minute, but he's not all bad.
He can't cross, he can't beat a man and he gives the ball away. Literally offers nothing.

tonykellowfan

We are so slow at turning defence into attack. We get the ball and all we can do is seek out Diabate.

supernova

Can we just appreciate how good that ball in the box from Cole was tonight? Absolute beauty (shame we didn’t get on the end of it)

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can we just appreciate how good that ball in the box from Cole was tonight? Absolute beauty (shame we didn’t get on the end of it)
Then took him off.

tom_ecfc

I don’t like this response to any of our performances whether good, or not so.
It strikes me as being disrespectful as even if we’ve lost we’ve put in a lot of effort
10 goals in 16 games….it was another mehh in front of goal again at home.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still need 4 wins to avoid relegation battle - can anyone see where we will get 12 points ?
yes

CraigECFC

Nearly 70% of our losses come in games where we have over 50% possession. My concern is although it's our style of play, we are usually pretty easy to play against when we are in possession for the majority of the game. Out of the 11 wins we have 5 of those came in games where we had less than 50% of possession. I think we are actually a better team out of possession so we are in a bit of a catch 22 with our current play style.

Teams know that they can come and play us on the counter and are more than happy to sit in. My only concern with GC currently is that he doesn't use how good we are out of possession often enough.

Bridgy 81

10 goals in 16 games….it was another mehh in front of goal again at home.
Fair enough.
I prefer to be supportive.
You’re very welcome to be otherwise.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t like this response to any of our performances whether good, or not so.
It strikes me as being disrespectful as even if we’ve lost we’ve put in a lot of effort
You're moaning at other supporters for saying 'meh' on a football forum now?

Wow.