• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Colchester United Playoff 2nd Leg Matchday Thread

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Well done city, put in a load of effort. I thought after we let them back into it they looked very strong and we're going to be too much for us but we dug deep and credit to bowman who missed two earlier chances for putting away the winner, and we then closed it out without too much danger from what I remember.

I was in a state watching it and felt we were going to lose after all the play offs we have just edged, but glad to say I was pessimistic and wrong. Got a text from a friend watching on sky saying yes 30 seconds before I saw the winner go in and then saw the rest speaking to him on the phone as my now tv was on a short delay . For the final I will have to lock my phone away , so I do see the whole thing as live.

I will look forwards to the final but doubt I will enjoy it. Would love us to win by two or three clear goals but that's not like city to make it easy on the nerves. Looking at it tonight I think Northampton will be tough to play against but Matt Taylor has a week to plan for it. The players will have two games in them to hopefully make them stronger. Fingers crossed we don't get any positive tests , as we may need most of the 20 man squad to get the right result.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well Done Matt, the whole squad, the backroom team, Clive Pring and his groundstaff, those who made the ground look so impressive and everyone who turned up as a cardboard fan. Even Ryan Lowe.

Very proud to be a fan of this club tonight.

Now let's finish the job. League 1 looks very exciting next season. League 2 looks utterly uninspiring.

UTC

denzel

We have a 100% record against Keith Curle sides in the playoffs:)

iscalad

Our record in the past few years against the Cobblers is not inspiring :(
I know. We've lost once in the last 9 games
Shocking. 🤬

Colesman Ballz

Evening training at SJP instead?
Could make a lot of sense, body clock wise, with a 7.30pm kick off at Wemblee .

Alistair20000

I know. We've lost once in the last 9 games
Shocking. 🤬
You sure about that :unsure:

iscalad

You sure about that :unsure:
Mmm, maybe
Can't copy and paste look on 11v11 website

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
They beat us 9 times in a row, but haven't notched a single win in the 11 games since.

Not that it matters as its Northampton we will be playing, but there it is.
To be pedantic, six when they came out of non league and three when we came out of non league 😁

Colchester fan

Well done lads, I hope you do well in the final, we gave you two goals today with poor defending, but Bowman took his chance very well.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Also that was a proper game tonight even without a crowd after the poor first match, but I am also trying to picture the atmosphere tonight had it been 7000 plus as it would normally had been , and the feeling of being on the bank with limbs going everywhere as bowman slid in the winner , followed by pouring across the pitch after the final whistle.

Good luck city for the final. Matt Taylor in particular will deserve it if we win I think. Whatever happens I hope we can perform to our best on the day. Wish there was a way for the fans to watch it together.