• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Colchester United Playoff 2nd Leg Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The weather is supposed to be real hot midweek this week and by the weekend more normal temperatures going into Monday.
Evening training at SJP instead?

Copernicus

OMG, would have preferred Cheltenham, but we play our Bogey team Norfamptun, bollox.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Evening training at SJP instead?
I think either early or late training, Possible +30c temp in midday sun, That will be hard and energy sapping for the players

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think either early or late training, Possible +30c temp in midday sun, That will be hard and energy sapping for the players
It's an evening game at Wembley, so should be cooler, but Wembley can sap the energy and a potential 120 minutes. Some of the players looked out of it tonight.

StroudGrecian

There was a time when Cheltenham were our bogey team. When they came out of non-league they beat us six times in a row IIRC.
They beat us 9 times in a row, but haven't notched a single win in the 11 games since.

Not that it matters as its Northampton we will be playing, but there it is.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
There was a time when Cheltenham were our bogey team. When they came out of non-league they beat us six times in a row IIRC.
Indeed they did then we turned it round completely and had a similar number of results in our favour.

DB9

It's an evening game at Wembley, so should be cooler, but Wembley can sap the energy and a potential 120 minutes. Some of the players looked out of it tonight.
I'm thinking more their training at the C&F in that heat, Wembley is always a hot place but an evening game is better.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Daft as it may seem I was feeling pretty confident about playing Cheltenham but now I think it is an even bet against Northampton. Will be interesting to see how the bookies will call it.

eurogrecian

Deserved the win in the end, but Colchester came on strong at the end of the 90 and we did really well to hold them off in extra time. Fine finish by Ryan, but he was so desperate to score he took the difficult option and should really have squared it to the unmarked Seymour. All’s well that ends well. Glad I don’t have to go to Wembley again in person tbh. King Matt knows all about it and will be well prepared. Up to the players to do the biz. UTC

Alistair20000

They beat us 9 times in a row, but haven't notched a single win in the 11 games since.

Not that it matters as its Northampton we will be playing, but there it is.
Our record in the past few years against the Cobblers is not inspiring :(