• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Bury FC Official Match Day Thread

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm personally surprised at all this Tis bashing because he subbed Wheeler off. In my opinion he was tiring and bringing on a fresh pair of legs was what was needed.

FAN-TATIC

If you're talking about Wheeler, not surprising at all. Everything I've seen of him this season screams that he's not yet a 90-minute player. No criticism of him, just a fact that he's only just turned pro. Needs to be given time.

The big bank should be grateful Wheeler is getting 70 mins and Davies 20 mins, and not the other way around.
No doubt in my mind that Wheeler's substitution was tactical. Tisdale, bought on Davies and Nichols. Davies has a shot well saved and Nichols seizes the opportunity to latch into the loose ball and slot in the equaliser. Pleased Sir Rob as he ran out to Tisdale and congratulated him on the substitutions.

Wheeler played very well and worked really hard, he did his job with the added bonus of his first City goal, but, it's difficult to argue against the substitutions when both are involved in getting the equaliser.

Last edited:

milts

Anyone hear Tossdales interview? Say anything interesting?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I know it's coming up on Xmas, but should we be giving away free headers to the opposition?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bennett only slightly better than Coles in the centre of defence they were both woeful...I quite liked us going forwards today, Wheeler had a very good game running at the Bury defence at every opportunity.......Nicholls had great header saved just before he scored and deserves a start now in place of the disappointing O'Flynn .....Bury will go home disappointed they didn't win though they looked the best side!

Pete Martin (CTID)

The big bank should be grateful Wheeler is getting 70 mins and Davies 20 mins, and not the other way around.
I'll be grateful when Jimmy K gets any minutes!!

Red Devon

J

The second equaliser followed some frenzy in the box with Nichols upended, their keeper making a brilliant save (was it from Davies ?) but finally put away by Tom Nichols.
Pretty sure it was Toms header that he saved

mdg

coles awful today and bennett poor- baldwin must wonder why he was the one to be dropped
at risk of being boring(cos Ive said before) why do we
give the oppos a head start before we play?

rp42

Same old sh!te again today no win in 8 ,great stuff tis.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Anyone hear Tisdales interview? Say anything interesting?
Didn't hear it, but the OS has an excellent write-up with his views of the game. Well worth a read. (y)