• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Bury FC Official Match Day Thread

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
So the main problem seems to be it was a dry day so the ball didn't run well and we lost the toss and had to play in the wrong direction! At least he won't be able to use that excuse in the chesterfield game.

Appreciate we had to gamble with the subs and we got the point, but how about not giving the opposition a lead or two for a change so that it is the opposition having to react.

Wasn't at the game so can't comment much, lammie seemed to think we were poor defensively but at least we appeared to create something for a change. Accrington is a big game now as I can't see us beating chesterfield at home.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5I4NaxUxDQ

Thought Nichols came across well in his brief interview after the game.

ECFC Music

I'm personally surprised at all this Tis bashing because he subbed Wheeler off. In my opinion he was tiring and bringing on a fresh pair of legs was what was needed.
I'm not sure i all together agree with this Wheeler is tiring bit.He certainly wasn't tiring when he outpaced 3 players in the second half who were all over him and conceded the foul.In addition nobody gave him the ball ! It's not the only match at SJP that his presence on the pitch has been ignored by team mates.He presented a threat going at their defence,we didn't exactly have many other weapons what with the ineffective Parkin in the middle.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Match summary/quotes/video/gallery/links from the game yesterday. http://www.exeweb.com/2013/12/01/nichols-on-his-goal-against-bury-its-a-very-good-feeling/

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a top class attitude from super Ronnie Jepson....there was no "we wuz robbed" quotes....

"The performance was fantastic and we could have been three or four up at half-time.

"We set up nice and positive to win the game and the players expressed themselves fantastically.

"We created chance after chance and all in all you've got to be pleased with a performance like that."