• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Bury FC Official Match Day Thread

TOP_CITY_FAN

The fact Tisdale brought our best player by a mile off is unbelievable, but not surprising nowadays.

We pay our money, and are entitled to our opinions, whether they're good or bad. He's had the boos and chants coming for a number of weeks now, and I'm surprised its taken this long tbh.

Agree with the attendance.. More than I thought it would be.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tom Nichols coulat the end, hewould have been a Herr o but we wouldn't have deserved it: Couldn't build anything on such a shakey defence. Can't see why Doc isn't playing, he gives us some protection.

Bury were nothing but we didn't have the pace or guile to.get beyond them.

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

Attendance very poor
Shocked by this comment Max.

I thought the crowd today would have been around 3k or even lower, Bury is hardly a mouthwatering game and given the dross that has been offer for so long it is pretty impressive that so many continue to attend, 3400 odd is a good effort considering the situation, time of the year etc.

Willy Nilly

Terrible again. Bury should have been miles ahead but, luckily for us, their finishing was poor.

Sercs was toss. Why is he never dropped!?

Last edited:

Grecian45

Just got back in. I was really tempted to give today a miss, like many others I suspect.

Agree with the comments about the defence, looked fragile- I also think that maybe Baldwin has been a bit hard done by, as to me he has probably been the best of a poor centre half pairing and as others have mentioned a more natural on field leader.

Wheeler was playing well, unfortunate to be taken off even if he was tiring, the confidence gained from the goal in my opinion he should of stayed on.

Bury will fill hard done by having not got the three points. Although this highlights the current form as we barely stopped them running away with it in the first half.

I was surprised by the crowd that it actually reached 3,400 IIRC. Also people around me and myself, whilst agreeing Keohane isn't the answer to all our problems, given the current form deserve a start or at least to come off the bench, particularly today I thought Sercombe was poor and Keohane's energy might of provided some more impetus to nick the win, but hey ho. A point is a point but against a struggling Bury a lot of work is needed. Tisdale needs to do more, maybe try the higher pressing style to take the pressure of a fragile defence? It's not good but it's and end to those defeats, but 2 points from a possible 18 isn't good.

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
The fact Tisdale brought our best player by a mile off is unbelievable, but not surprising nowadays.

We pay our money, and are entitled to our opinions, whether they're good or bad. He's had the boos and chants coming for a number of weeks now, and I'm surprised its taken this long tbh.

Agree with the attendance.. More than I thought it would be.

Who was our best player. if it was wheeler, probably a sensible move, first season in the first team ect ect,so hopefully he'll be fresh and un injured for next week

Last edited:

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was it entertaining though??

denzil

Was it entertaining though??
Not really Shabba !!

Alistair20000

Just back from Sid James Park which was decidedly chilly when the sun went down.

A lively finish to an error strewn game between two mediocre sides in a dross ridden division.

Bury could easily have been 3 up before half time but missed some sitters and Artur pulled off one really good save. However, Pate will make hay over the Nards opener which was a softish effort that seemed to pass through Artur's hands. Mixed performance from Artur today; good saves on 54 and 83 minutes in the second half and some good takes but too many flaps/drops and a foolish attempt to dribble around their player in the box in the 88th minute that could have been fatal.

Nice strike from Wheeler to equalise and then a complete failure to defend the corner early in the 2nd half that let the Shakers take a second lead.

The second equaliser followed some frenzy in the box with Nichols upended, their keeper making a brilliant save (was it from Davies ?) but finally put away by Tom Nichols.

Gow, Davies and Nichols all had chances to nick all three points in the last 5 minutes but it wasn't to be and on balance 2-2 was a fair result.

Defensively we were woeful for much of the game, we gave them too much free space and our passing was sloppy.

I assume The Cheese thought Wheeler was knackered but it looked to me that he could have carried on.

For those who are happy with 2 points from the last two games I would just say that is relegation form.

Is The Doc out of favour and why does Coles start in preference to Balders ?

Nigel E

If you're talking about Wheeler, not surprising at all. Everything I've seen of him this season screams that he's not yet a 90-minute player. No criticism of him, just a fact that he's only just turned pro. Needs to be given time.

The big bank should be grateful Wheeler is getting 70 mins and Davies 20 mins, and not the other way around.