• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City AFC v WBA AFC FA Cup 3rd round proper. AD. 06/1/2018.Official Matchday Th

Rog H K

Well done Sumns!

Looking forward to today, going to be cramped in the Big Bank though.

Jason's match preview - http://www.exeweb.com/2018/01/05/next-up-exeter-city-vs-west-brom-fa-cup/

When was the last time we beat a top flight club in the FA Cup?
Leicester City Old 1st Div. 1980-81

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Must be time for another win then!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taggy on TalkSPORT between now and 10am. Tony Cascarino in the studio so reckon that draw might come up!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A nice crisp morning in Exeter.A heavy frost.I will be interested to hear Dr Dave’s weather report on the temperature early this morning.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
That season was also the last time we made the fourth round!

Oldsmobile-88

That season was also the last time we made the fourth round!
Jeez...37 years ago...Too long ago.I nearly missed the minibus to Filbert St.
Overslept,borrowed my dads new TR7 & drove from Dawlish Warren to Redhills in Exeter in about 15 mins !!..A hairy start to a great day..

David Treharne

1c in Exeter. Overnight low was -1c. There was 4mm rain in the last 24 hours, mainly in the form of intermittent showers. The wind is northerly, but at the moment barely rating force 1. There's a grey cloud cover with the sun attempting a break through (and probably losing). Shouldn't imagine that the temperature will get much above 5c, so a day for thermals and warm outer coverings. I'll update at around 13.00.
Three other things: Firstly Sum's piece in The Guardian is excellent (especially compared to some of the others chosen.)
Secondly I'm at a loss to know what to go for in the prediction league. A team with a porous defence against a team which has had difficulty in scoring makes for a difficult choice. Throw in the unpredictability factors - Tis starts with Matt Jay up front and Jack Sparkes in defence - West Brom allow their two loanees to play against us - and it's even more muddling.
Finally, the pitch is very likely to cut up quite badly, we've had an awful lot of rain this week - and barely any "dry out" time.
Should be a classic afternoon.

Last edited:

iscalad

It's my birthday. I spoke to Jayden, Jordan T and Christie at the Senior Reds party and told them I expected nothing less than an emphatic win.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm expecting a win today as Pardew hasn't managed West Brom for very long and Tisdale is only second to Arsene Wenger in football management longevity.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
This game doesn't seem to have caught the attention or imagination like the LFC game (obvious reasons) but a PL side at the park (result irrelevant) will be good to watch