• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City AFC v MK Dons Official Match Day Thread. 2 Feb 2019

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
For all the naysayers...it's a bright sunny day with uninterrupted blue sky. It's chilly at 2c and there was an overnight frost. The wind, such as it is, is blowing from NNW at a gentle force 1 which will probably increase slightly during the course of the morning. There are vestiges of snow in dark sheltered places, but the pitch should be perfectly playable, though whether the sprinklers will be needed is a matter for conjecture (though it's always a treat to see the mascots and bench bound players getting sprayed) [joke OK?]. We had 1mm of precipitation in the last 24 hours, mostly in the form of gentle wind blown snow. Expect it to be chilly and bright on the Big Bank, and just plain cold in both the stands. It would seem to be an ideal day to play a good flowing game of football, so let's hope that that's what we get. Update at around 13:00. Note for Rustle - it'll be much warmer where you are!
Should get some SUN in the IPO during the second half.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mixed feelings about today, 3 of my all time faves in the oppo. Get right behind Matt and show some spirit against a team we never seem to beat.
Big game; win and our play off chances are on track, lose and I think we'll settle into mid table mediocrity. Come on you reds!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
A great opportunity to show some class, on and off the pitch.

Seize the day, Grecians !
It cuts both ways, will the likes of Mel G and Butterfield be able to control themselves. Respect is a two way street.

I won't be applauding any of our opponents nor will I be abusing them from the safety of the terraces (I never do regardless of the opponents). Some of the abuse football fans (across the world) dish out from the stands is gutless and moronic. Calling someone a {}anker from 40 yards away isn't funny or hard.

Last edited:

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here we go then it has arrived all the build up I hope it is not a disappointment.
I shall not be booing our former players staff neither will I afford them the applause. People come and go but ECFC is still very much here so lets all make it about that it's about the now and future. All about King Matt and the team today for me - I just hope we turn up on the day
Hoping for 3 points against the Franchise - COYR [ecfc][G]

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here we go then it has arrived all the build up I hope it is not a disappointment.
I shall not be booing our former players staff neither will I afford them the applause. People come and go but ECFC is still very much here so lets all make it about that it's about the now and future. All about King Matt and the team today for me - I just hope we turn up on the day
Hoping for 3 points against the Franchise - COYR [ecfc][G]
My thoughts exactly. Tisdale brought good times to the club in the past but the way he departed left a sour taste. Those two things equal each other out for me and all our energy today should go into supporting City and getting a win.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
My thoughts exactly. Tisdale brought good times to the club in the past but the way he departed left a sour taste. Those two things equal each other out for me and all our energy today should go into supporting City and getting a win.
Spot on (y)

David Treharne

It's a chilly 5c and the sun is out (but not very warming!). Wind from the NNE makes it feel chillier than it really is, and increased slightly in strength. Sunglasses will be needed this afternoon until about 16:00 (ish). Looking forward to it with some trepidation, although more often than not we play better against the better teams in the league (so, go on, pick holes in that huge generalisation!). Not really sure what to expect, except feeling cold.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Team news out on social media.

ECFC89

Pym, Sweeney, OShea, Moxey, Woodman, Collins, Taylor, L.Martin, Holmes, Law, Forte.

Uninspiring line up, but plenty of options from the bench.

Mk have Wheels and Harley in the first eleven.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym, Sweeney, OShea, Moxey, Woodman, Collins, Taylor, L.Martin, Holmes, Law, Forte.

Uninspiring line up, but plenty of options from the bench.

Mk have Wheels and Harley in the first eleven.
Always eager to see new players in the starting line up, but there;s something to be said for the approach where they have to wait a bit and the current players are given the chance to hold their place. Pym is the only player in that line-up who won't feel like a bad game or a slack week in training will see them out of the XI and struggling to get back in.