• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City AFC v MK Dons Official Match Day Thread. 2 Feb 2019

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will Tisdale wear a wig today ?

Last edited:

Temporarily Exiled

Barely above freezing might hopefully be enough for the pitch to thaw in time. How would playing on this sort of surface affect the lineup we go with?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
i have a feeling this match will be off, mainly because it might be difficult for MKD to get home after the match. Would be a great disappointment

David Treharne

For all the naysayers...it's a bright sunny day with uninterrupted blue sky. It's chilly at 2c and there was an overnight frost. The wind, such as it is, is blowing from NNW at a gentle force 1 which will probably increase slightly during the course of the morning. There are vestiges of snow in dark sheltered places, but the pitch should be perfectly playable, though whether the sprinklers will be needed is a matter for conjecture (though it's always a treat to see the mascots and bench bound players getting sprayed) [joke OK?]. We had 1mm of precipitation in the last 24 hours, mostly in the form of gentle wind blown snow. Expect it to be chilly and bright on the Big Bank, and just plain cold in both the stands. It would seem to be an ideal day to play a good flowing game of football, so let's hope that that's what we get. Update at around 13:00. Note for Rustle - it'll be much warmer where you are!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
i have a feeling this match will be off, mainly because it might be difficult for MKD to get home after the match. Would be a great disappointment
I imagine they are already in / around Exeter.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm very amused at the thought of MK fans actually travelling to an away match. I guess there is a first for everything....

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
5 degrees in Exeter at 3pm, I cannot see this being off.

Andy Holloway

More chance of seeing Tis 'dressed by Primark' than the game today being called off!

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
A great opportunity to show some class, on and off the pitch.

Seize the day, Grecians !

rustle

F
Note for Rustle - it'll be much warmer where you are!
Guess you're right there Dave, but should have checked the fixture list before booking this trip. Doh!