• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
No real detail but £3m in add-ons and a sell on clause, according to the Evening Standard:
Ah cool, up to £10m then

andrew p long

Is this true? If so could you share a source please as interested to read this.
I would've thought there would be a difference between how fees are ammortised across the length of the contract in the financial statements vs the payment terms agreed by parties.
that's right, but I understood that a number of the bigger deals were paid in instalments, though not necessarily stretching through the whole length of the player's contract (sorry, no evidence to support at present for this understanding!)

Grecian Max

Bit of a comedown for Ethan going from playing Milan and Juventus to playing Rotherham and Plymouth
Be going straight back up and likely a proper starter with Farke in charge

andrew p long

I mean, I don’t want Ethan to get relegated again, but I might let a small giggle escape if it did happen this season, at Leeds.🤣
I suspect it will be in City's interest for Leeds to do well when Ethan is there. Of the £3m in add ons one of the least surprising would be a payment if Leeds were promoted back to the Premiership.

Grecian Max

He's still only 22 which is a bit mad.

Same lot that question his quality were backing Seymour at the same age 😂😭

andrew p long

presumably if/when this deal goes through it will push Ethan up toward the top of the list of most expensive League Two transfer sales ever. He'll go(stay?) ahead of Matt Grimes (for now at least!) but still behind Ollie. I think it will give us 3 of the top five.

simcity

I've not seen the length of the deal mentioned anywhere, which of course is important as fees are now often paid over the duration of the contract, rather than all up front.
Pretty sure that’s for FFP reporting, hence why UEFA have changed the rules after Chelsea used this method to bypass FFP rules, rather than how fees are paid for every deal.

More likely to be paid over 2 or 4 6 monthly payments.

Not in the tour squad.

Corey

If this move to Leeds does go through, I don’t think it’s the last we’ll see if the Ampadu cash. Plenty of youngsters have left Chelsea and then got big moves afterward (De Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku, Ake, etc.) so if they have a decent sell on we could see a cut of that too.

CraigECFC

If this move to Leeds does go through, I don’t think it’s the last we’ll see if the Ampadu cash. Plenty of youngsters have left Chelsea and then got big moves afterward (De Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku, Ake, etc.) so if they have a decent sell on we could see a cut of that too.
I think this lower transfer fee and higher sell on percentage will actually benefit us. To get cash and still have the likelihood for more in the future, steadily coming in through add ons will be great. He’s a great talent and I think now he has the chance to shine he will go for big bucks in a few years! Here’s hoping the sell on percentage is over 25% and we can get 20% of it.