• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it's also confusion as to why he seems to have been loaned out to a team which is arguably better than Chelsea and harder for him to break into.
I think that Ethan made it clear that it was his preferred destination, although of course Chelsea were under no obligation to accept that. Maybe Lampard was playing the long game and attempting to keep him sweet ? One hopes that there is a clause in the loan agreement giving Chelsea the option to recall him in the January window, if he continues to get no playing time, and then indeed loan him to a Championship Club instead. Continuing as it stands for a whole season could be detrimental for both Ethan and Chelsea's interest.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think next July he should go on a season long loan to a League one club.

Us.

burtiew

I think next July he should go on a season long loan to a League one club.

Us.
Now that would be nice ... not going to happen, but hey ho! A Championship side in the promotion race would be an excellent idea.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't help but think there is a bit of an over reaction on here. He's not making the bench for a run of the mill premier or championship club, this lot are a top 3 side in Germany. To be benching there is similar to doing the same at Man City, Liverpool and the like in my view. Give him time.
Top three at the moment but with last nights defeat that is now two defeats on the trot.

Avening Posse

I think it's also confusion as to why he seems to have been loaned out to a team which is arguably better than Chelsea and harder for him to break into.
Yeah I guess, maybe they had an identified lack of cover for the position he plays.

Avening Posse

Agreed, but I can't help thinking that he might be a bit envious of the other youngsters who featured in Chelsea's Champions League win earlier.
Yeah I imagine he will be. It must be frustrating at his age, but I bet his German experience will be a great learning process and will come back a better player. He must want game time, but to get it at the highest levels you've got to be ready, and I guess he isn't quite there yet, but I reckon he will get there

Avening Posse

Top three at the moment but with last nights defeat that is now two defeats on the trot.
I don't keep too much of an eye on the German scene but I think they were a top team last season too?

LOG

There's a conversation about Ampadu near the start of this podcast which covers why he might not yet be playing:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amps starting for Wales tonight in Euros away to Slovakia.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
He seems to play more internationals than club matches.