• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

burtiew

38 mins today in an 8-0 win ... dare we hope for a start soon???

Got a few more minutes today as a sub .

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amps played 87 minutes for Wales tonight but once again picked up a yellow card.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amps played 87 minutes for Wales tonight but once again picked up a yellow card.
And Wales can qualify if they beat Hungary, and if not are guaranteed a play-off place. Might see a former Grecian in the Euros - has to be a first?

Dannyred

And Wales can qualify if they beat Hungary, and if not are guaranteed a play-off place. Might see a former Grecian in the Euros - has to be a first?
You mean an Exeter Born player in the Euros

budegrecian

You mean an Exeter Born player in the Euros
No he means exactly what he said; a former grecian, i.e, a player that played for us, in the Euros.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
No he means exactly what he said; a former grecian, i.e, a player that played for us, in the Euros.
I think his point was not only was he a Grecian but also he was born and bred in Exeter, which is something else to be proud of, isn't it?

budegrecian

Personally, I'm not bothered where he was born, it's the fact that he came through our Academy that's important.
I'm sure he didn't mean it, but Danny's post came across as unecessarily pedantic.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Personally, I'm not bothered where he was born, it's the fact that he came through our Academy that's important.
I'm sure he didn't mean it, but Danny's post came across as unecessarily pedantic.
I didn't read it that way.
Usually people feel good about locals being successful : reflected glory, I suppose , especially if from a small city like Exeter.

Dannyred

I think his point was not only was he a Grecian but also he was born and bred in Exeter, which is something else to be proud of, isn't it?
Exactly what I meant mike.