• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Boyo

As Ethan sits on the bench in a foreign land looking forward to much of the same for the rest of the season and ahead of the German winters, I wonder if he reflects upon his decision to go up to the smoke, where the pavements are covered with pound notes but you don't see much competitive game time, and whether he keeps in touch with Jack Sparkes, who has now estblished himself as a first team player, who is getting rave reviews, and in no time at all will be getting the scouts sniffing around with their promises of riches, or whether he is quite happy waiting another year or so for his opportunity, throwing another wad on the fire to keep warm.
Sorry, but absolutely no chance. Jack Sparkes would jump at the chance to sit on the bench in the Premiership / Bundesliga. I think a better question would be on the subs bench vs. playing for someone like Everton, Leicester, Villa etc.

burtiew

On the bench ... again. Yawn!!

burtiew

And he stayed there ... what is the point?

Exehausted

And he stayed there ... what is the point?
It's probably part of the agreement that if he's fit he has to either start or be on the bench. A great shame and hopefully his next move will be on loan to a Championship club where he'll hopefully get a decent run.

burtiew

Well, he's not even on the bench tonight ...

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, he's not even on the bench tonight ...
Would have been a lot cheaper if they’d got a cardboard cutout.

Avening Posse

I can't help but think there is a bit of an over reaction on here. He's not making the bench for a run of the mill premier or championship club, this lot are a top 3 side in Germany. To be benching there is similar to doing the same at Man City, Liverpool and the like in my view. Give him time.

Colesman Ballz

I can't help but think there is a bit of an over reaction on here. He's not making the bench for a run of the mill premier or championship club, this lot are a top 3 side in Germany. To be benching there is similar to doing the same at Man City, Liverpool and the like in my view. Give him time.
Agreed, but I can't help thinking that he might be a bit envious of the other youngsters who featured in Chelsea's Champions League win earlier.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it's also confusion as to why he seems to have been loaned out to a team which is arguably better than Chelsea and harder for him to break into.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed, but I can't help thinking that he might be a bit envious of the other youngsters who featured in Chelsea's Champions League win earlier.
Possibly but they are all older than Ethan. On the other hand they all seem to have benefitted from being out on loan to Championship clubs last season.