• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not even in the squad tonight.
Although he did travel with the squad, unlike a few of their 25 man squad, so he was obviously close to being on the bench.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
He’s going nowhere on a permanent deal - he’s just signed a 5 year deal extension at Chelsea....

I think he will end up at Cardiff on loan in January

Let's hope you're wrong about that part. He needs to be able to learn how to play in the Premiership not how to fight a relegation battle for an ex-Scummer with a huge northern chip on his shoulder. He'd be far better going to somewhere like Palace or Southampton where they more likely to avoid the dog fight and he can learn his trade without playing in an atmosphere of fear of the drop.

Terryhall

Let's hope you're wrong about that part. He needs to be able to learn how to play in the Premiership not how to fight a relegation battle for an ex-Scummer with a huge northern chip on his shoulder. He'd be far better going to somewhere like Palace or Southampton where they more likely to avoid the dog fight and he can learn his trade without playing in an atmosphere of fear of the drop.
Agree about Cardiff but I think Southampton will be right in the mire until/unless they get shot of Mark Hughes.

Any loan needs to be to somewhere that he'll get regular first team games - Tomkins, Dann and Sakho would all keep him out of the Palace side I'd say. He'd be better off getting a loan to the top end of the Champo than to the lower reaches of the PL, I'd say.

IndoMike

Agree about Cardiff but I think Southampton will be right in the mire until/unless they get shot of Mark Hughes.

Any loan needs to be to somewhere that he'll get regular first team games - Tomkins, Dann and Sakho would all keep him out of the Palace side I'd say. He'd be better off getting a loan to the top end of the Champo than to the lower reaches of the PL, I'd say.
Not Southampton, for God's sake. Hughes is one of the worst managers ever and tends to favour aging players rather than young'uns.

grecIAN Harris

Not Southampton, for God's sake. Hughes is one of the worst managers ever and tends to favour aging players rather than young'uns.
But Hughes is a very proud Welshman not to mention former Welsh International. Amps is a Welsh International, just a thought...…………...

donkey

Without knowing how strong Napoli's youth system is, if you look at their stats from all comps in the last 2 years it's clear that Sarri isn't someone who gives young players much of an opportunity. The only under-21 to feature regularly was Diawara who was signed from and had a full year's experience for Bologna. Even with the extended number of subs allowed to be named there's only a couple of players under-19 who feature on the bench occasionally without playing.

Think Ethan would have had more chance this season if Conte had stayed, best option for now looks like a loan, maybe to the Bundesliga.

Terryhall

If we're talking foreign loans, FCZ would love a player of his quality, and he'll be getting experience of a title challenge and Europa League football to boot. (Just in case any Chelsea execs are reading this...)

100milesaway

He has - against Eriksen in the Wales v Denmark match the other night. Didn't see it myself but it was described as a 'steep learning curve' for young Ampadu.
Yeah, he struggled apparently
Not a criticism at all. Why wouldn’t he struggle! But to be worth £25M he’d need to be mixing it with that level all the time I’d think

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, he struggled apparently
Not a criticism at all. Why wouldn’t he struggle! But to be worth £25M he’d need to be mixing it with that level all the time I’d think
To be fair he started ok but like the rest of the Welsh team faded badly in the second half.

Mr Jinx

Disagree. I think he's ok, better than the other middling managers: Allardyce, Pardew, McLaren, Pulis etc. Not a world beater, but not a duffer either.