• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Terryhall

i reckon if Chelsea transferred him now they'd get 25m for him. Clubs will pay a lot of money for potential and he must be on the radar. 25m is peanuts for top clubs and it would be a good investment.
Hard to say - right now any clubs signing him from Chelsea would want to make the same argument that Chelsea made when signing him from us, and they would try to keep the price down just as much as Chelsea would want to drive the price up. That said, his ink-not-even-dry-yet 5 year contract suggest a transfer isn't likely any time soon.

By way of example, one of precious few Chelsea academy players to move for actual money in recent years was Nathan Ake to Bournemouth - Ake had much more experience of the first team at Chelsea over a number of years, less international experience... he went for 20m

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think length of contract is a factor in transfer fees. We held no cards in the compensation we rcvd from Chelsea. Don't think an interested party would hold cards against Chelsea, who would not be desperate to sell. But, you're right, I'm just speculating. You'd think if he was fit in the very worst scenario such as huge loss of form he'd still go for 10-15m, but can't really imagine that happening as a full international and Chelsea squad member.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Taggy's Twitter response on the matter.... https://twitter.com/jftagg/status/1042404723754708993?s=19

Well said!!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Bore off Taggy it’s done now - just get on with it.

As for Ampadu - they have just been discussing him on the verdict on sky and both Bellamy and Ian Wright say he’s going to be and is widely known already to be a star of the future.

Bellamy coach at Cardiff says he would walk into there first 11

robchave

Put it on the back burner and hope for a multi-million transfer somewhere in the next decade!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Talk is he will feature today against PAOK.

andrew p long

Talk is he will feature today against PAOK.
But the talk proves to be wrong. Not in the 18, despite Luiz being left at home.

Shall we have a guessing game about how many appearances he makes this season that count toward City getting more money?

I say 7; three in the Europa League group stages before Christmas so the next 250k (he has 7 appearances from last season) becomes due as a December present.

Any other guesses?

jimbo-gould

Not even in the squad tonight.

muppetdodger

Not even in the squad tonight.
Is he even in their champions league 'squad' that is notified to uefa before the campaign starts.

manc grecian

Yes he is in their 25 man squad