• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Drum and Flags Thread!

CITY CASUAL

Fair play to you lot! [y] At least you are trying to get the crowd going & getting behind the team UTC [ecfc]

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Flags definately didn't fail, just took time for people to get used to them :) towards the end it was working (pole 5 anyway) so will be doing it again!

how many people turned up yesterday?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I can't imagine it was easy making your début on drums in front of nearly 4500 people and getting it right first time.

2 things for the drummers to think about. What is the correct speed for the songs. And what is the beat of the song/chant.

In "We're the red and white army", at which points would you beat the drum?

the atmosphere in the second half was amazing one of the best at home so far, this was mainly down to the drum, which wasn't played very well, for a few reasons, like the strap wasn't long enough which made it awkward to hold and play, the sticks were broken and the drum wasn't tuned properly. With some improvement and maybe a song list so the drummers got an idea of what to play the bank will be rocking for the full 90 mins. when the st pauli song was being sung and the flags were being waved the bank looked amazing, when we next are at the bank we should deffo have more flags and wave them allot more! SIEGE!

gmgr1

anyone putting the drummers down is an utter tw*t. these were about 4 lads all under 18 willing to give that drum a whack because noone else would. they started plenty of songs and the beat was generally quite good. sometimes it didn't work but that is always going to happen. these guys are volunteers, give them a little credit!

flakey pasty

Well done to everyone involved and who are doing something positive for our club.
What a contrast to the moaners on the other thread who do their best week on week to bring everyone down.
Well done lads!
UTC!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
St Pauli from the start next time, works so well with the flags. Will try and get some more flags, I'm going to lead by example by waving the big one! Ill also see if I can get a bin or something where the flags can be put after the game, saves me running around grabbing flags with 10 minutes to go. Only a couple went walkies, just make sure you bring them to the next game!

ECFC traveller

I'll start the St Pauli chant off last time if we can at least have a 3 minute break inbetween Max, I have lost my voice today:(

Also the drummers SOMETIMES needed to keep going, they started it but didn't maintain it and stopped, which left the singers with no proper beat to go to

scottus86

It was a good effort from you lot, it made the afternoon more enjoyable and gave me a beat to bop up and down to to keep myself warm.