• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Drum and Flags Thread!

NDMBigBanker

Decent website, good forum with a list of suppliers etc thanks!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bit of a bump, here's a website I go on quite a lot - http://www.ultras-tifo.net/ (not sure if link's are allowed)

Very useful for finding flag design's and stuff like that.

Good be helpful for the Siege!
Yes love that site! I think the Irish League is most relevant to us - relatively small crowds but some great displays!

Swanaldo

In "We're the red and white army", at which points would you beat the drum?
Announcement: I'd go bang bang bang bang at roughly the speed of the original song. Anything else would be silly.

Last edited:

ECFC Steve

Yes love that site! I think the Irish League is most relevant to us - relatively small crowds but some great displays!
Yes I would agree with that, the Irish League have a surprisingly active ultra scene, maybe it would be an idea to get in contact with some ultra's from clubs like Shamrock to get some idea's on how to grow the Siege Army!

There is a UK/Ireland forum section on that site as well; maybe you could make a post on there about the Siege Army as well.

Grecian Max

Regarding the flags, I think there needs to be more structure as to when they are waved. Obviously wave them when you like, however at the mo, apart from kick off, and when we scored v Yeovil, we haven't had the flags up together during the match (which is a fair criticism). We're really in the early stages still, but I've been encouraged by the amount of people involved so far.

I was thinking for every corner and attacking free kick, they should go up in unison. This could be made clear when they're handed out.

For Sheffield Wednesday, we're hoping to get in an extra 20 1.5mx1.5m square flags, which are a bit more ultra-type in style. Should boost our flag count to around 40 and for a big game, hopefully lots will be up for waving them :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA74J3bUafI