• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Do you want to go up?

CityTillIDie

And me please [G]

FAN-TATIC

It looks like Curo could miss the run in now as well!.
A little off topic but, I am told by someone who was there that the talk in hospitality after Saturdays game was that Curo's injury is not serious and he is expected to be fit for Saturday. It was also mentioned that The Doc may also make Saturday's game.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grecian_Jay

Well I don't think a club like ours can be picky and choose when we get promotion. In an ideal world we would stay down this season and build a stronger, younger, pacier team (haha I can dream) and then go up next season and build on it.

I don't care what happens to us until Tisdale goes, if going up means he goes then great, if going down means he goes then fine. Either way he has got to go and it's clear we cannot get rid of him so I'm guessing promotion would boost his CV and get him noticed by someone else.

Antony Moxey

Well I don't think a club like ours can be picky and choose when we get promotion. In an ideal world we would stay down this season and build a stronger, younger, pacier team and then go up next season and build on it.
I'd agree with this. We have to take success when it comes as it might not come again for a very long time - we've only had four (I think) promotions in our history, we are no position to decide when we're going to make number five.

ecfc70

of course i want us to go up, what a stupid question
i would rather our younger players gained experience in L1 against the likes of Cov, BC, Wolves and Bournemouth than against any L2 club, the higher standard of football played, and it is a higher standard, can only be good for their prospects if they come good

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Bite your arm off up to the shoulder, a club our size need to sieze every opportunity

arthur

Promotion please plus a manager wise enough to establish us in League 1. This could be Tisdale but on current evidence of how he does his job I doubt it

Promotion would be great.
Are we really that many players off a good side?
We need a commandnig centre back, a creative midfielder and a striker.

Davies and Woodman both started the season poorly, but have improved greatly.
Coles is a great footballer until he has the ball.
Artur is much improved.
Curo and Flynny need a third striker to cover and push them on.
An attacking midfielder (a fit Gow) is the other piece.
These key signings would see us survive in league one.
(just)

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
I would always take promotion. The squad as it is at present would struggle, but that is what close season is for, to make changes. We should certainly be able to attract better players if we are in L1 than we would on the promise of building on this season's finish. I don't think L2 will be any easier next season. There will be a few clubs with some bigger backing and the chance of two clubs with momentum coming up from the Conference, not to mention a club coming down that could bounce straight back.

If we come back down, we come back down, but if there are four clubs worse than us, we could be in for another reasonable stay in L1, with bigger crowds and better atmosphere. I wouldn't sacrifice that for Tis gettting the balance right in L2 next season.