• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Do you want to go up?

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
1. There is the danger of a less exciting fixture list (no Plymouth, Torquay, Bristol R plus possibly no Yeovil, Bournemouth).
We'd get to play Bristol City though.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
A trip to Ewood Park could be on the cards...

Red red

wether we want to go doesn't come into it
after yesterday do you really think we will stay in the play off place let alone win them.
As said elsewhere the whole club needs a sort out.
we need a sugar daddy to take the club over with basic business knowledge.
time for the present people to stand down.
I am no politician I just cant see the way forward at the moment
we are like the wall (falling down)

AlanDevlin

We've got a chucked together gang (remember late last summer when there had been no signings?) who have cobbled together a set of results that have us in the driving seat for at least a play off spot... By definition over 40 games there are 18 teams worse than us in this league.

If promotion is there we have to take it - League One would be a struggle no doubt, but anyone who is content with staying in League 2 cannot then complain that Exeter City lack ambition.
Likewise, Anyone who says the club is falling down on the playing side... well... from the age of 9 until my late 20s I would have got very excited if there was a sniff of promotion with a few games to go - the annual battles to avoid applying for re-election to the League was not a pleasant memory. Mid table was a positive success.

FAN-TATIC

But if we go up we would need to strengthen massively. In lge 2 we only need one or two additions imho.
I agree we would need to get League One standard players in. But that in itself may cause us problems. What we do not want and cannot afford is to finish in the relegation zone of League One next season with 3 to 5 players on two years contracts at League One wage levels. I doubt that anyone half decent would come here on a 1 year contract.

Financially it's a headache. However, it is my belief that one should not be playing in a League for anything, if they don't have ambitions to go up to the next level.

I have always stayed with my view that this current side is too young, in terms of being a team, it is just one season old and to get where we are as been a good achievement IMO. I never expected to get promoted, or to finish in the play- offs, I still don't think we will. So for me it will be another season in League Two with a stronger squad next season than we had this season. Tisdale said he thought it would take at east 3 years to build a side capable of playing in League One,.

Sorry Jay, but he still has two seasons to go, at least!

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Promotion please. Strengthen over the summer. Would hope the board would be more proactive in supporting whoever the manager is.

manc grecian

Promotion this year or next makes no difference unless something changes off the pitch. Might as well be a yoyo side better than nothing.

Banksy

Always take promotion. We are not good enough at the moment but we have serious injury problems. Losing Gow, Oakley, Sercombe, and Docherty would cause problems for any club at this level. It looks like Curo could miss the run in now as well!

If we were to go up I am sure Tis would know he has to strengthen massively and get rid of some of squad. 1st teamers who have to go are Bauza, Tulley, Davies, for starters.
With an average age of around thirty five for those four it was always going to be a big if on them all lasting the season. Now we struggle I'm afraid. Gow being the youngest I thought he would last the pace but even his case he was lacking in full fitness football playing abroad. I guess tis took a gamble and lost because without them we'll struggle to even reach the playoffs now.

Jammers20

I would defo like to see us in the league above, better standard and with the possible relegation of anyone in the bottom half on the championship such as Blackburn, Wolves, Birmingham. id rather go and watch those games than some of the ****e that's been at the park this year!

Last edited:

rick whitemore

Promotion for me as well please.