• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cureton signs for Rovers

Willy Nilly

Actually, its in tomorrow's Echo. "It was really hard leaving Exeter".
That's what happens when you try to cross Exe Bridges at 5pm!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
he is just a mercenary with no loyalty and i for one dont want players like that in the squad
Be a fairly thin squad then. Apart from perhaps Tully, I can't think of any of the City players who'd play for nothing.

Footballers are employees, nothing more. Like any other person they have a right to change jobs if they can find someone who pays more or is based nearer their loved ones. They have no more loyalty to their employer than their employer has to them. It's a business relationship, we employed Cureton for one season to score goals and he delivered more than we could reasonably have expected.

He could perhaps have played his cards further away from his chest and made more sympathetic noises but he's made no secret of the fact that he was considering his options. Finding a L1 club near where his partner lives is a result for him, though it's certainly disappointing for us.

Nothing to see here, move along please.

Willy Nilly

whilst im greatful for the goals last season, it has annoyed me that he had let this whole saga drag out, tbh he is just a mercenary with no loyalty and i for one dont want players like that in the squad
I have no problem with him being a little mercenary cos he banged the goals in. I do hope people don't clap the little sh*t next season when Orient come down to play.

Willy Nilly

Be a fairly thin squad then. Apart from perhaps Tully, I can't think of any of the City players who'd play for nothing.
Richard Logan.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Richard Logan.
Maybe. Certainly next most proud of pulling on the City shirt, but he's a professional footballer. Tully always gives the impression he'd play on with a broken leg...

MickStagraget

He wont get into double figures for league goals next season anyway.
Then surely it's a good thing that he's gone? If he's not going to be as good next season then it shouldn't be an issue that he's gone somewhere to earn more money, better than having another Marcus Stewart on the books costing money and not doing the business on the pitch.

ecfc01

I don't wish Jamie good luck attall! He is a f*cking *****, he could at least say thanks to us and bye. I always thought he was a good player, at least Harley never f*cked around! Player of the year 2011 was a waste!

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tully always gives the impression he'd play on with a broken leg...
Sometimes he, and others, give the impression they are playing with a broken leg.

Do you have a job? If I offered you double the wages (more likely benefit) to work (sit in front of TV) in the office (bedsit) next door would you take it?

If not then you're as stupid, ignorant and backward as I thought. It's real life and not championship manager. Good luck to the lad and I hope it does well.

Reading the comments of some of the people can only make you laugh and feel better after a bad day.

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you have a job? If I offered you double the wages (more likely benefit) to work (sit in front of TV) in the office (bedsit) next door would you take it?

If not then you're as stupid, ignorant and backward as I thought. It's real life and not championship manager. Good luck to the lad and I hope it does well.

Reading the comments of some of the people can only make you laugh and feel better after a bad day.
Hi Jamie,

Good luck with your move.

I will miss your goals.

Cheers