• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cureton signs for Rovers

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope he rots in Orient's reserves and ends up on loan to Barnet or something.
You're really grateful for those 20 goals he scored last season aren't you...

The_Original

The #1 MC in Devon, and Exeweb's top boy.
You're really grateful for those 20 goals he scored last season aren't you...
Why should I be grateful? He's a footballer, its his job. Went a bit quiet in the last few games but yeah he had a good season.

I guarantee some Exeter fans will be saying sh*t like "thanks Jamie", "good luck Jamie" and all that sh*t. He wont get into double figures for league goals next season anyway.

Why should I be grateful? He's a footballer, its his job. Went a bit quiet in the last few games but yeah he had a good season.

I guarantee some Exeter fans will be saying sh*t like "thanks Jamie", "good luck Jamie" and all that sh*t. He wont get into double figures for league goals next season anyway.
Exactly, it's his job - that's why he went to Orient ; because they offered him a better deal then we did ( or could ). I can totally agree with castigating some greedy premiership tw*t that seeks a new deal because he can' t live on only £100k a week, but at this level it is a completely different world. This may be his last season of being a professional footballer - and he is quite right to seek the best deal he can get because I doubt that you or anyone else is going to contribute to his family finances in the future. So, yes, good luck to the bloke.

The_Original

Exactly, it's his job - that's why he went to Orient ; because they offered him a better deal then we did ( or could ). I can totally agree with castigating some greedy premiership tw*t that seeks a new deal because he can' t live on only £100k a week, but at this level it is a completely different world. This may be his last season of being a professional footballer - and he is quite right to seek the best deal he can get because I doubt that you or anyone else is going to contribute to his family finances in the future. So, yes, good luck to the bloke.
If I'm in a job and I'm considering leaving I wouldn't just not tell anyone and suddenly f*ck off without saying a word. He'll probably be in the Echo next week saying the usual "I'll always be grateful to Exeter" pile of w*nk they always come out with.

He will easily get a coaching job somewhere once he hangs up his boots so I doubt he'll ever be hard up for cash tbh. I bet he'll still get applauded and get his name sang by some of our imbeciles when we play Orient next season.

Willy Nilly

It's Cureton that should be thanking us! His career was over last summer when no-one was interested and Exeter City took a gamble.

Thanks to this football club he has extended his career by at least 2 years and has earned a nice chunk doing it.

Cheers for the goals Jamie, now feck off!

I hope Troy clatters into him in the first minute when we play Orient.

Last edited:
If I'm in a job and I'm considering leaving I wouldn't just not tell anyone and suddenly f*ck off without saying a word. He'll probably be in the Echo next week saying the usual "I'll always be grateful to Exeter" pile of w*nk they always come out with.

He will easily get a coaching job somewhere once he hangs up his boots so I doubt he'll ever be hard up for cash tbh. I bet he'll still get applauded and get his name sang by some of our imbeciles when we play Orient next season.
Last word from me on this : His contract was up and it' s been obvious for weeks that he may not sign for us again. This is hardly " f*cking off out of the blue. How many other out of contract players have moved clubs since the end of last season ? 2 or 3 hundred, I suspect. And why will he "easily get a coaching job " ? Are there are no ex-footballers out of work, then ?

The_Original

Last word from me on this : His contract was up and it' s been obvious for weeks that he may not sign for us again. This is hardly " f*cking off out of the blue. How many other out of contract players have moved clubs since the end of last season ? 2 or 3 hundred, I suspect. And why will he "easily get a coaching job " ? Are there are no ex-footballers out of work, then ?
Might have been obvious to some but it would've been good of him to just say he will be leaving, rather than f*cking the fans around for weeks on end.

If Marcus Stewart can get a job as a coach I'm pretty sure someone like Cureton can stay in work once his career finishes.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Disappointing. It was good fun having a twenty goal striker for a season who could actually do the business. Can Tis find a replacement or can Nards really stay fit long enough to do the business? We wait, we see and we wonder.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He'll probably be in the Echo next week saying the usual "I'll always be grateful to Exeter"
Actually, its in tomorrow's Echo. "It was really hard leaving Exeter".

Last edited:

lukewhitrow

whilst im greatful for the goals last season, it has annoyed me that he had let this whole saga drag out, tbh he is just a mercenary with no loyalty and i for one dont want players like that in the squad