Cricket 2022

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
And cricket writing at its finest!
I know it's the dreaded Guardian but please read and savour - you might well not agree with it's politics but the sports writing is generally superb (one of the reasons I pay to subscribe)
And surely only the full form test cricket could still inspire such florid, evocative prose describing the sheer tension and magic of the final dozen balls of a five-day dead-rubber...that still only ended deadlocked.

Rosencrantz

Well-known Exeweb poster
And cricket writing at its finest!
I know it's the dreaded Guardian but please read and savour - you might well not agree with it's politics but the sports writing is generally superb (one of the reasons I pay to subscribe)
And surely only the full form test cricket could still inspire such florid, evocative prose describing the sheer tension and magic of the final dozen balls of a five-day dead-rubber...that still only ended deadlocked.
When it comes to sports writing I never really take notice of the newspaper. The sports department are invariably divorced from the news agenda.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Strines 37-3 at the close. They probably already have enough runs to win this one. Would love to see Mark Wood pick up 6 or 7 wickets. His figures do not reflect how well he has bowled.