• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2022

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would say the last 10-15 overs was better than any 20:20 game could ever produce in terms of drama
Proper Cricket AP - Simple as that

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lewis Gregory has extended his contract with the Cidermen.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
And cricket writing at its finest!
I know it's the dreaded Guardian but please read and savour - you might well not agree with it's politics but the sports writing is generally superb (one of the reasons I pay to subscribe)
And surely only the full form test cricket could still inspire such florid, evocative prose describing the sheer tension and magic of the final dozen balls of a five-day dead-rubber...that still only ended deadlocked.

fred binneys head

Tanya Aldred in the guardian is a fantastic writer. She mainly does cricket but I’d pay to read her shopping list.

Rosencrantz

And cricket writing at its finest!
I know it's the dreaded Guardian but please read and savour - you might well not agree with it's politics but the sports writing is generally superb (one of the reasons I pay to subscribe)
And surely only the full form test cricket could still inspire such florid, evocative prose describing the sheer tension and magic of the final dozen balls of a five-day dead-rubber...that still only ended deadlocked.
When it comes to sports writing I never really take notice of the newspaper. The sports department are invariably divorced from the news agenda.

Alistair20000

Bowled out for under 200 yet again :mad:

Feckin' dire.

iscalad

Bowled out for under 200 yet again :mad:

Feckin' dire.
Truly embarrassing. :sick:

Alistair20000

Only crumb of comfort is d*ckhead Warner bagging a pair

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Same Old Same Old

Alistair20000

Strines 37-3 at the close. They probably already have enough runs to win this one. Would love to see Mark Wood pick up 6 or 7 wickets. His figures do not reflect how well he has bowled.