• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2015

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Signs of some burnout amongst the Curran bretheren which Billings et al may fancy.
Ooops :$

6 for Tom and 2 for Sam today, as Gloucs were knocked over for 50 more than they looked like getting. Another good day's work.

Chris Tremlett has finally admitted defeat after another injury ravaged season and retired. Nice bloke, good performer - just never fit.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We're in a strong position (weather permitting) to cement 2nd place today up at Durham.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Or instead we'll serve up a load of dross and bring Durham right back into it.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or instead we'll serve up a load of dross and bring Durham right back into it.
6 down now. Your boys ought to close it out.

Surprised there is any play. Must be better oop north; the weather down here this morning is worthy of a trip to the feckin' dire thread.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
6 down now. Your boys ought to close it out.

Surprised there is any play. Must be better oop north; the weather down here this morning is worthy of a trip to the feckin' dire thread.
Forecast to be sunny all day up at Chester-Le-Street.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Borthwick gone now, that should do it.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, Harris ripped through them to finish with 5.

SECOND PLACE, LA LA LA. And we've won twice in August, must be the first time since about 1995 since we've won even once, let alone twice!

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surrey promoted, City win 4-0. Doesn't get much better than that in 24 hours.

Semi-final Monday against Notts in the 50 over Cup. Good test for us. Crazy scheduling though. They are missing Hales and Taylor, we are missing Roy. Would they put the FA Cup Semi Finals on the same weekend as England were playing..?

Martin Weiler

What a remarkable win for Middlesex today! That was some comeback.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What a remarkable win for Middlesex today! That was some comeback.
As part of my recovery from the surgery I had a couple of weeks ago I dragged myself along to Lord's on Thursday - excellent attendance albeit largely Yorkies expecting to be handed their trophy that day. At tea with us 5 down if you'd said we'd win by over 200 runs I'd have cursed my decision to mix painkillers with medicinal G&T!