• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2015

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am pleased to see that Somerset still intend to have Tom Abell opening and that Rogers will bat at 3 leaving Banger as the other opener. Rogers should bolster the batting in the CC.

Alistair20000

What a masterful innings from Alistair Cook in very testing conditions. The longest test innings played by an England batsman lasting a few minutes shy of 14 hours and the 3rd longest in test match history. (clap)

Alistair20000

RedPaul is probably pleased with the signing of the late flowering Mark Footitt by Surrey. Another blow to struggling teams such as Derbyshire in this case.

I have mixed feelings that Hampshire's T20 "go to" bowler Danny Briggs has been released to go to Sussex. Hampshire must have great confidence in the youngsters leg spinner Mason Crane and the off spinner Brad Taylor.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I read the Somerset are in the market for a left-armer. Don't know where they get one now, though.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
A great start to the second test by England , up to the first post lunch over anyway. A wicket apiece for Jimmy,Moeen and Ben Stokes had Pakistan in a spot of bother before a 93 run stand between elder statesman Younus Khan and skipper Misbah ul Haq brought the hosts up to 178-3 at tea. A couple more in the evening session would bring England to about level pegging for the day. More, obviously would be nice but another 100 or so without further loss might just pave the way for another sizeable 1st innings total.

Antony Moxey

A second snore fest if you ask me Greg. Nothing happening with the ball regardless of what the bowlers try and nothing with the bat either as the batters wait for something worth hitting and trudge through for a couple of runs.

Perhaps we can just skip to lunch on the final day and watch it from then because rather like the previous test this is offering nothing to the viewer. Plus you also have to question the mentality of the series at all - the cricket is dire, the temperatures ridiculous and there's no interest locally whatsoever. Just what is the point in this series in this location?

Alistair20000

Cook loses another toss and Pakistan now recovering after being reduced to 116-5. :(

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good display today. One good batting day tomorrow and we are right back in the series.

On and yes Al, pleased with Footitt capture. Addressing the weakness in the side early and dealing with it. We can't rely on a 17yo in Div 1 to lead the attack, particularly as he'll be at school doing his A levels until late June.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
looking forward to trying to stay awake for Australia v New Zealand game tonight in Brisbane. Its also handy that I have the tele above my bed or I could have 5 live sport extra