• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2012

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kartik signs for Surrey. I thought he was supposed to be knackered after playing without a break for seven seasons?:S
Hmmmm. This was avoidable.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Kartik signs for Surrey. I thought he was supposed to be knackered after playing without a break for seven seasons?:S
The attraction of the filthy lucre methinks.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are also some promising youngsters coming through, but it is bound to be a while before they will be able to win Somerset the County Championship.
I hope Lewis Gregory has a good season in 2012 with them, hes a good player and a Devon lad [y]

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
The attraction of the filthy lucre methinks.
Alas probably true. Surrey's achilles heel over the last 7 or 8 years decade has been throwing money at supposed stars who more often than not have disappointed (Uzman Azfaal anyone) whilst the home-grown talent gets frozen out.

That's why seeing Linley, Dernbach, Roy and RHB progress amongst others last year was so encouraging. Signing Jon Lewis from Gloucs and Kartik sit uneasily, even though both are decent. Kartik always seemed to win MoM when playing for the mob over the river against us.

Alistair20000

Alas probably true. Surrey's achilles heel over the last 7 or 8 years decade has been throwing money at supposed stars who more often than not have disappointed (Uzman Azfaal anyone) whilst the home-grown talent gets frozen out.

That's why seeing Linley, Dernbach, Roy and RHB progress amongst others last year was so encouraging. Signing Jon Lewis from Gloucs and Kartik sit uneasily, even though both are decent. Kartik always seemed to win MoM when playing for the mob over the river against us.
IMO Jon Lewis is past his best and Kartik did not look as good this season. I guess Surrey are ambitious to kick on in the First Division and don't seem to have any money shortage.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Kartik started having injury problems, so hopefully these will continue into his stint with the poohats.

Incidentally, records possibly abound in the latest India vs WI ODI - Slogger has been slogging away towards a massive double ton.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Incidentally, records possibly abound in the latest India vs WI ODI - Slogger has been slogging away towards a massive double ton.
Done and done, 219 in the end.

Alistair20000

Kartik started having injury problems, so hopefully these will continue into his stint with the poohats.
A thoroughly unworthy post Jason. Definitely not cricket. [n]

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I cant belive there has been over 1000 members apply already at Somerset CCC for next season
The good thing is my appication is in :D

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
New player who has signed for Somerset-
http://www.somersetcountycc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/Newsdetail/0,,11333~2547771,00.html

I'm watching him today on Sky sports 2 playing for South Africa