• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2012

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have been saying for ages Somerset should do this

http://www.somersetcountycc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/Newsdetail/0,,11333~2489774,00.html

Theres a wheechair space i always like to use, so it would be nice if they could apply to that area as well! Its a pain when i get there as early as i can and then find its taken.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Big news tonight - Char Willoughby leaving Somerset after being with them 5 years
I miss him, good luck for the future
nice bloke [y]

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
He performed better than I expected last season, given his age, but Kartik's departure worries me more.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
On no I didnt realise Kartik had gone.
I thought he had signed for another year but not so it seems

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
He performed better than I expected last season, given his age, but Kartik's departure worries me more.
Yep, unless the youngsters step up its hard to see how Somerset will bowl out teams twice in the County Championship without Charl and Murali.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
On no I didnt realise Kartik had gone.
I thought he had signed for another year but not so it seems
Bit of brinkmanship ended with Somerset losing out. This does imply that there are other irons in the fire. There are also some promising youngsters coming through, but it is bound to be a while before they will be able to win Somerset the County Championship.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
SCCC said that the concern re Charl Willow was that he wasn't taking wickets with the new ball. Not obvious at present how that problem might go away in 2012. Kirby had a decent season, but Hussain hasn't made much impact yet. They have a few young quicks, but maybe they are hoping to bring someone in, especially as Alphonso will miss the start of the season.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
2012 fixtures out.

If you are interested, go to Google.

Links are beneath me.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have just looked at the 2012 fixtures
March 31st isnt that far away!
:D

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kartik signs for Surrey. I thought he was supposed to be knackered after playing without a break for seven seasons?:S