• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter City match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Scrappy game with both sides cancelling each other out. Not helped by a ref who should be in hockey for all the unnecessary free kicks he is giving. The Sparkes booking was as ridiculous as predictable with a ref giving so many soft free kicks. I'm not convinced Sparkes is the top offender either.

Fisher is struggling which might not be surprising with not much game time but he could at least show some urgency. It will be interesting how quickly Matt chooses to change shape with Randall and Willmott on the bench.

Fareham Grecian

Terrible first half - from both teams. Both largely lumping it. We need to run at them - Randall has to be on now.

crocks

HT substitutions , if I was manager, would be Randall for Fisher, Page for Sparkes and Willmott for Hartridge.

Fareham Grecian

Scrappy game with both sides cancelling each other out. Not helped by a ref who should be in hockey for all the unnecessary free kicks he is giving. The Sparkes booking was as ridiculous as predictable with a ref giving so many soft free kicks. I'm not convinced Sparkes is the top offender either.
I think he was booked for dissent wasn’t he - sarcastic clapping?

StudentGrecian

I was listening to the home commentary, they summed it up perfectly, sparkes is so one footed they know where he’s going every time.

Rosencrantz

I think he was booked for dissent wasn’t he - sarcastic clapping?
From the way the ref pointed around the pitch it looked more like persistent offending.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fisher hasn't been great however he wasn't likely to hit the great running, he's got no match sharpness and no rhythm due to being on the bench all season.

Nobody has offered anything going forward, there has been no quality from midfield.

Exehausted

Alex Fisher has tried very hard but it just isn't gelling with him and Seymour. Also, Jack has only managed one cross from open play because the full back has had him in his pocket. His challenge that got a booking looked innocuous but it was on the far side so couldn't really see what happened. The ref has been very good so far so he must have seen something. I think we should bring Joel on for Alex and hope that he can get something out of the full back on one side and possibly Josh Key for Jake Caprice and hope that he can do something similar on the right and play Ben and Matt together and play 3 5 2. I doubt Matt will make any changes yet though, but he might change the shape.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't have a striker on the bench.

Has a player ever made easier £ than Ajose ??

Referee seems happy to give us free kicks for all their many fouls, but reluctant to take the next step and get his book out. Then he books Sparkes for next to nothing. Referee poor, City look short of threat, and Crawley look content to soak it up and try to catch us on the break for a one nil home win. Need more attacking threat 2nd half. Delivery from set pieces has been poor, nit helped by our starting position being too far in. As we run in, we end up on top of the keeper, who tends to take the ball. Need some injection of forward, be it JR, Willmott or Key.

Status
Not open for further replies.