• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I had mild symptoms after Jab 1 (AZ) and none at all after Jab 2.
That was my experience too. Arm was a little sore for a while after the second one but it was nothing really.

tavyred

Hope you’re better now. Regarding LFTs my wife had a cough on the Monday when we went away in our motorhome with our daughter. All three of us had negative LFTs each day until the Thursday when my wife had a positive LFT. Me and daughter were still negative, and wife was negative on a second test.

But we decided it wasn’t fair to risk anyone else so came home and went straight to the testing centre for a PCR we booked on the way home. Predictably wife was positive and so was I, daughter was still negative. I didn’t start feeling anything until three days later, the same as daughter, who, all of a sudden as wife was earlier, was now PCR positive.

LFTs seem too unreliable to base anything on.
Fully recovered now thanks Ant. 👍
I have a daughter in the military who tests (lft’s) new recruits as they start their training, and she says there is evidence (anecdotal) that just recently the tests don’t seem to be so reliable as they may have been previously. A number of recruits have developed symptoms, test negative with the lft and yet go on to test positive via a pcr test.
I wish I’d dragged my pox ridden carcass to a test centre now, it would be nice to know if we’d had it.
Hope you and yours are on the mend. 👍

Antony Moxey

Cheers, we’re all getting there. Wife back to work today but only for half a day and shattered when she came home, in fact she’s just woken up after dozing for an hour in the garden.

With everyone out I thought I’d venture downstairs for the first time in a week but have managed little all day (well, the test match has been an intriguing watch). Done well I think not to have a sleep so far though, again that’ll be the first time in a week.

Daughter’s much chipper but decided to stay in bed today - don’t blame her actually!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheers, we’re all getting there. Wife back to work today but only for half a day and shattered when she came home, in fact she’s just woken up after dozing for an hour in the garden.

With everyone out I thought I’d venture downstairs for the first time in a week but have managed little all day (well, the test match has been an intriguing watch). Done well I think not to have a sleep so far though, again that’ll be the first time in a week.

Daughter’s much chipper but decided to stay in bed today - don’t blame her actually!
Take care - hope the Grecians get the 3 points tomorrow to give you a lift !
UTC

Average Joe

Took the plunge and had my second vaccine today. So far so good no side effects.

DB9

Took the plunge and had my second vaccine today. So far so good no side effects.
Might kick in after 8-12 hrs if you get any but it will be just like a bit of flu.

Antony Moxey

Just a quick update as today we're now all out of isolation. Still tired though, although that might be also to do with going back to work after such a long time off. Daughter is a million times better since our late night dash to Torbay hospital and SWMBO is breathing much more easily after we had to call the ambulance out because of (very) low oxygen levels resulting in her being prescribed antibiotics. So officially we're all back to normal, although I suspect it might be a week or two before we actually are in reality.

iscalad

Just a quick update as today we're now all out of isolation. Still tired though, although that might be also to do with going back to work after such a long time off. Daughter is a million times better since our late night dash to Torbay hospital and SWMBO is breathing much more easily after we had to call the ambulance out because of (very) low oxygen levels resulting in her being prescribed antibiotics. So officially we're all back to normal, although I suspect it might be a week or two before we actually are in reality.
Good to hear

Average Joe

Fully recovered now thanks Ant. 👍
I have a daughter in the military who tests (lft’s) new recruits as they start their training, and she says there is evidence (anecdotal) that just recently the tests don’t seem to be so reliable as they may have been previously. A number of recruits have developed symptoms, test negative with the lft and yet go on to test positive via a pcr test.
I wish I’d dragged my pox ridden carcass to a test centre now, it would be nice to know if we’d had it.
Hope you and yours are on the mend. 👍
One of my good friends had a positive PCR and all the symptoms going so he was 100 percent covid positive and LFT's still didn't pick it up. There could be many factors, could be mainly due to unprofessional home testing and also not testing in a complete sterile room

I'm now 24 hours post second jab and the only thing I could be picky about is a sore incision point.

CC

A month after testing positive I'm quite a lot better. I still have an annoying cough hanging around, which seems to be worse if I talk, especially on the phone. Also there is the lack of energy, though I don't know how much of it is psychological. Luckily sense of taste has returned, though sense of smell still seems affected a bit.